HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE

To get to the command line you need to Telnet in. Instructions on the Wiki HERE (click). Once you connect you will be greeted with a password request, which is the PIN for your Humax ("0000" by default). You should then get a menu, from which you can select the command line prompt by typing "cli".

Fair enough : )
Give me a few minutes and I'll write a diagnostic to do this. It will be much easier.

Ok - if you run the xx diagnostic (type xx into the box then click run diagnostic) then it will extract the relevant parts of flash and automatically upload them to hpkg.tv for me. Total data is around 5MB so it hopefully won't take too long to upload but if you're running the diagnostic from the web interface it may appear to hang for a while.

Ok - if you run the xx diagnostic (type xx into the box then click run diagnostic) then it will extract the relevant parts of flash and automatically upload them to hpkg.tv for me. Total data is around 5MB so it hopefully won't take too long to upload but if you're running the diagnostic from the web interface it may appear to hang for a while.
Copied this from the webif screen,
>>> Beginning diagnostic xx
Running: xx
Installing tnftp (20091122) to root...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/tnftp_20091122_mipsel.opk.
Configuring tnftp.

>>> Ending diagnostic xx
Hope thats what you wanted.

So, now we just need someone with a /RE model to take the lid off and post some pictures...
Here are a few that I took whilst removing the orange filter. They are not very good, but may be of interest to some.
DSCF0001.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0004.JPGDSCF0005.JPGDSCF0007.JPGDSCF0009.JPGDSCF0011.JPG

Well, I have some files now. Hopefully they came from your box : ) Thanks.
Nothing useful there. The kernel looks the same as 1.02.32 (recompiled but Humax do seem to do a complete software build for each new release) - no extra drivers or options. Some changes in Sky Player but minor and mostly logo changes.

Nothing useful there. The kernel looks the same as 1.0 2.32 (recompiled but Humax do seem to do a complete software build for each new release) - no extra drivers or options. Some changes in Sky Player but minor and mostly logo changes.
Is it likely that any more information can be extracted from my unit prior to my reloading 1.02.32. I am having a problem with the wireless settings. I get the wireless adaptor to work with a manual setting which then dissappears when I put the unit into standby. I am assuming the settings are not saved. Reloading the firmware may resolve the problem or at least it is worth trying.

Is it likely that any more information can be extracted from my unit prior to my reloading 1.02.32. I am having a problem with the wireless settings. I get the wireless adaptor to work with a manual setting which then dissappears when I put the unit into standby. I am assuming the settings are not saved. Reloading the firmware may resolve the problem or at least it is worth trying.
No, I have as much of 1.03.06 as was left on there, thanks.

There are frequently problems with wireless which have not been pinned down. Some people are happy with wireless, others give up.

Indeed, which is what I ended up doing. [But this is the non-CF section of the forum.]

Back