HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE

Interesting that humax told you to downgrade all the way to 1.01.09 first - maybe that firmware also included a loader?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

My previous unit was certainly running 1.03.06 and I went from that release down to 1.01.09 and then up to 1.02.32 but I am usure of the loader number (this was under instruction from Humax).
I wonder if this could be a work around for other users trying to go from 1.03.06 down to 1.02.32, Maybe Wallace or other users with non working units could try this out, I don't think it could do any harm to try it

Interesting that humax told you to downgrade all the way to 1.01.09 first - maybe that firmware also included a loader?

No version of the HDR software has ever included a loader. I do wonder if Humax support have their wires crossed because the HD model flash structure changed between 1.01 and 1.02 as did the loader.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

The only reason that I can think of why anyone would have downgraded to 1.01.09, is in an attempt to fix the delete bug.

The problem was that the hard drive dissapeared from the menu. Obviously none of their solutions worked but I do not know how qualified the people on the helpdesk are. They may be following a prescribed method.

I wonder if this could be a work around for other users trying to go from 1.03.06 down to 1.02.32, Maybe Wallace or other users with non working units could try this out, I don't think it could do any harm to try it

I could try, but my box isn't exactly bricked as I have previously said it has a random 'program is scrambled, no signal at tuner....' message on screen that is only cured with a reboot. It can go for days without it occurring so won't really be sure if its fixed. That HDR isn't in use at the mo.

Hi,

My reading of the available data:

FW 1.03.xx - Works with both the old "CAN" tuners and the new hardware "Silicon" or "Chip" tuners.
FW 1.02.xx - Only understands "CAN" tuners hence No channels on new /RE hardware

Do not downdate the new /RE hardware - The CF will only work on /RE once the 1.03.xx FW is available and modified.

Downdate to 1.02.xx on old HW arriving with 1.03.xx should be OK (logically)
- I am continuing testing of downdated old HW which arrived with 1.03.xx.

Pete

ps. I am assuming the new HW has Silicon tuners as the CAN tuners ceased production over a year ago and all manufacturers will have had to change to Silicon based tuners for ongoing production as their stocks of CAN tuners have run out.

I could try, but my box isn't exactly bricked as I have previously said it has a random 'program is scrambled, no signal at tuner....' message on screen that is only cured with a reboot. It can go for days without it occurring so won't really be sure if its fixed. That HDR isn't in use at the mo.

My box has started doing that for some reason - but it's not been anywhere near this new firmware...

FW 1.03.xx - Works with both the old "CAN" tuners and the new hardware "Silicon" or "Chip" tuners.
FW 1.02.xx - Only understands "CAN" tuners hence No channels on new /RE hardware
This is precisely the scenario I expected, but I am dubious that 1.03.06 (in particular) works with old hardware - is it certain that 1.03.06 has been seen on old-version hardware?

What do you mean "CAN"? Can as in a metal-encased tuner module? I'm pretty sure they would have had silicon in them, and that any replacement module would have to be shielded.

This is precisely the scenario I expected, but I am dubious that 1.03.06 (in particular) works with old hardware - is it certain that 1.03.06 has been seen on old-version hardware?
We have a couple of graded HDR-FOX T2/GB boxes which are old hardware, one came with Loader a7.33 and Firmware 1.02.32, and the other came with Loader a7.34 and Firmware 1.03.06.

I have an old HW unit that arrived last week with FW 1.03.06 Loader a7.34 as posted.

CAN tuners are the old standard tuner module used in all TVs and VCRs and PVRs etc. until recently.

Background paper
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CHIQFjAJ&url=http://www.crestatech.com/pdf/ADEAC_White-Paper.pdf&ei=LhI2Uu-YN4aN7QbV24DIBA&usg=AFQjCNFI8lqO8ZOOzuw0_HXhT4IRK013tQ&sig2=7g9Js8VOCvlSjXNLhQ4lYA

The sole supplier stopped making them and all manufacturers have had to incorporate new Silicon tuners into their products.

I only know about this because there was a bit of discussion about a year ago between some manufacturers and DTG over whether the new Silicon boards would be accepted by DTG as the same model or whether they would have to be re-certified for FreeViewHD (incurring new fees to DTG !!!!)

Here is an interesting situation! The replacement unit which I now have came with 1.03.06. In order to inspect the serial sticker (and photograph it) to check if I had an "RE" included I turned my unit upside down having first put in standby. I have been out for the day and got back and switched on the Humax. The first thing I noticed was "Wizard" on the display. It was just like I had just received the unit and had to start again. Having set it up again I checked the information page and guess what, the firmware is listed is 1.02.32 . When I switched it on the custom firmware was still there.
I am totaly confused although glad that I am on 1.02.32 as the custom firmware was designed for this release.
The posting by Petrev makes sense to me and in answer to Black Hole both this unit and my previous unit (both with horizontal aerial sockets) were running 1.03.06

:confused:

Did you check after you installed CF2.18/1.02.32 over 1.03.06 what the system information said? CF2.18/1.02.32 updates anything from 1.02.27 up to 1.02.32, so might also "downdate" 1.03.06 to 1.02.32.

Spontaneous factory resets have been known to happen occasionally.

CAN tuners are the old standard tuner module used in all TVs and VCRs and PVRs etc. until recently.
Here's the link without being wrapped in a Google search result:

http://www.crestatech.com/pdf/ADEAC_White-Paper.pdf

...and the answer to my question is yes, "can" as in the tin-can metal screening box, therefore no need to be in capitals. The integrated all-silicon tuner will probably be screened in some way.

Interesting article, thanks, I will have to read it again.

:confused:

Did you check after you installed CF2.18/1.02.32 over 1.03.06 what the system information said? CF2.18/1.02.32 updates anything from 1.02.27 up to 1.02.32, so might also "downdate" 1.03.06 to 1.02.32.

Spontaneous factory resets have been known to happen occasionally.
You may well be correct as I do not recollect checking the firmware after loading 2.18 and that consequence has not been mentioned (to me) before.
Perhaps others can expand on this.

Installing CFW2.18/1.02.32 over 1.03.06 would partially downgrade you to 1.02.32. Specifically you would still have the 1.03.06 kernel running and the sky player from 1.03.06...

If you're in that state then it will at least be possible extract the kernel and have a shuftie...

You may well be correct as I do not recollect checking the firmware after loading 2.18 and that consequence has not been mentioned (to me) before.
Perhaps others can expand on this.
Bearing in mind, of course, that we do not know the full consequences of loading 2.18/1.02.32 over 1.03.06, other than the experience that you report.

Installing CFW2.18/1.02.32 over 1.03.06 would partially downgrade you to 1.02.32. Specifically you would still have the 1.03.06 kernel running and the sky player from 1.03.06...

If you're in that state then it will at least be possible extract the kernel and have a shuftie...

I have checked the TV portal and do have provision for Sky Player but as I do not use the portal normaly I do not know if this is part of cf 2.18
If I can extract any information from my unit please provide instructions.

Back