HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE

You do realise that we are talking about the FreeView HDR and not the FreeSat HDR?

Edit. Is see you have now edited your post.

I'm more than slightly suspicious this latest is to appease the powers that be as to Humax complying with freesats / Freeview rules.

What are your thoughts on this?
My thoughts on this have already been aired, but there will be nothing definite until Humax release a post-1.03.06 for download or make a definitive statement that they are not going to. As things stand, we have been informed of an intention to release it.

As things stand, we have been informed of an intention to release it.
Yes, it was going to be "next week" twice. That was back in July was it not? Humax, like most other manufacturers, seem incapable of sticking to a promise or providing explanations. They tell you what you want to hear to give you a crumb of hope, just to get you off their backs for a bit longer. If you persist, they up-sticks and go in to silent mode. Seen it all before.
That Barry geezer seems to be a bit of a waste of space.

I think Barry knows more than he is letting on, but that is just a hunch. He might have a NDA with Humax, who knows?

Yes, it was going to be "next week" twice. That was back in July was it not? Humax, like most other manufacturers, seem incapable of sticking to a promise or providing explanations. They tell you what you want to hear to give you a crumb of hope, just to get you off their backs for a bit longer. If you persist, they up-sticks and go in to silent mode. Seen it all before...

Yes, I agree. It seems quite common practice.

ALG : At the moment it is unclear whether 1.03.06 really is incompatible with older hardware, if it is I can't see how it can ever be made available on the Humax website. It has been reported that some (but not all) units supplied with 1.03.06 also have a different UHF tuner module. Barry (a source close to Humax) was asked this question :-"could it be that 1.03.06 was produced to accommodate this new tuner and that it is not compatible with the old tuner module?", his answer was No

I think it is very likely that Humax will place a newer version of software on their website that is compatible with both older and newer units, as both units have the same System ID as far as we know. my guess is it will be 1.03.07 or later and there is a very good chance that a Custom Firmware version can be produced for it.

So what we need to clarify is :-

1) Does the System ID of both HDR-Fox T2/GB and the HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE = 80BC.7E00
2) Is 1.03.06 fully O.K. on older hardware units i.e. (HDR-Fox T2/GB)
3) Is there definitely a problem running say 1.02.32 on a HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE

If the answers to all 3 is yes, then either make sure you get a HDT-Fox T2/GB rather than a HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE or wait for a new Humax release

Thanks guys.

Can you tell me if the hardware number is marked on the outside of the packaging such that you could check before buying if using a store like Maplin or Currys (HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE or HDR-Fox T2/GB)?

I wish I had bought one a few months ago! :(

Brian is saying that it is on the box (in#8), so I think you need to look for :-
HDR-Fox T2/GB = the old hardware
HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE = the new hardware

Reactions: ALG
Thanks again, seems the "HDR-Fox T2/GB" version is the one to go for (for peace of mind).

I will pop into Maplin in Putney on Monday and see which version the one they have is and purchase it if it hasn't already been sold.

I'll feedback if I get one.

Brian is saying that it is on the box (in#8), so I think you need to look for :-
HDR-Fox T2/GB = the old hardware
HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE = the new hardware
Yes, there is a white paper label on the opening flap of the box.

Thanks again, seems the "HDR-Fox T2/GB" version is the one to go for (for peace of mind).

I will pop into Maplin in Putney on Monday and see which version the one they have is and purchase it if it hasn't already been sold.

I'll feedback if I get one.
I purchased an old version at my local Maplin store yesterday.

I think Barry knows more than he is letting on, but that is just a hunch. He might have a NDA with Humax, who knows?

Positive your hunch is correct :)

Over the years it's clear he has very close connections with Humax technical development. Frankly the poster saying a waste of space has lost his marbles or is incredibly naive :). He has a record of first releasing information nobody else has.

Simple example - the multichannel remote capability of Humax remotes was first posted by Barry and much copied.

He is currently the only reliable source for information on the new single tuner pvr ready G2 box. It's the only place you can ask questions about the new box not in the specifications. I asked if the new box would have DLNA client and server capability. Question rapidly answered, there's no other place you could get this sort of service. Pointless asking Humax customer support, they don't have the backgtounf info available direct from the development team.

Frankly the poster saying a waste of space has lost his marbles or is incredibly naive.
He said T2 users haven't been forgotten and there are new versions in progress. There was talk months ago about a new version to support this updated portal. He said the latest firmware would be posted "next week" several weeks ago. It looks like that comment has been removed from the other board as I can't find it anywhere - convenient as he's the administrator.
What does that tell you?
I'll stick to my opinion. You are welcome to yours, but don't tell me mine is wrong.

He said T2 users haven't been forgotten and there are new versions in progress. There was talk months ago about a new version to support this updated portal. He said the latest firmware would be posted "next week" several weeks ago. It looks like that comment has been removed from the other board as I can't find it anywhere - convenient as he's the administrator.
What does that tell you?
I'll stick to my opinion. You are welcome to yours, but don't tell me mine is wrong.

It's a figment of your imagination, I have never seen this post and I go on MyHumax several times a day. Barry has posted a definite denial of your allegations, pretty sure no one else will have any recollection of a post that never existed.

Is there any other way to distinguish what model of HDR-T2 1GB Humax one has apart from the existence of RE on the box. I have just had my second replacement and this was an exchange without a cardboard box (courier had a plastic box for the exchange.) My concern is for the Custom Firmware and Humax Firmware (1.03.06). There is no RE with the serial number and my aerial connections are horizontal. My previous unit was the same and I had Custom Firmware installed and changed the Firmware, Humax, at their behest.

Is there any other way to distinguish what model of HDR-T2 1GB Humax one has apart from the existence of RE on the box. I have just had my second replacement and this was an exchange without a cardboard box (courier had a plastic box for the exchange.) My concern is for the Custom Firmware and Humax Firmware (1.03.06). There is no RE with the serial number and my aerial connections are horizontal. My previous unit was the same and I had Custom Firmware installed and changed the Firmware, Humax, at their behest.
Does your HDR have a paper label underneath it? mine has HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE on it, and the unit has the vertical aerial connections. Yours is probably the old hardware version, but will probably be running Loader a7.34, firmware 1.03.06, and MICOM 9.3, can you confirm this?

It's a figment of your imagination, I have never seen this post and I go on MyHumax several times a day. Barry has posted a definite denial of your allegations, pretty sure no one else will have any recollection of a post that never existed.
OK, having searched everywhere and found it wasn't Barry on the other board, then I withdraw that specific claim. The first about "T2 users not being forgotten" is still valid though. Here is what I was referring to: Click!

So Humax Customer Support were lying when they said 1.03.06 would be posted in "a week or so" around about July 18th. Quite clearly they and Barry (who obviously works for Humax) can't come up with the same story.
To use a phrase from earlier this week - "let's not have any more lies this afternoon"...

Does your HDR have a paper label underneath it? mine has HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE on it, and the unit has the vertical aerial connections. Yours is probably the old hardware version, but will probably be running Loader a7.34, firmware 1.03.06, and MICOM 9.3, can you confirm this?
There is no mention of the" Re" on the serial number label and I am running the firmware as per all the figures you have stated. My previous unit was certainly running 1.03.06 and I went from that release down to 1.01.09 and then up to 1.02.32 but I am usure of the loader number (this was under instruction from Humax).

Back