HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE

I have also purchased a new Hummy. The Box label reads "HDR - FOX T"/GB/1TB/RE 7106123" and on the second line 63 7106123 00457"
System Information

Software Version: FHTCP 1.03.06
Loader Version: a7.34
System ID: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 06 Mar 2013
MICOM Version: 12.1

The tuner sockets are in a vertical arrangement, whereas my 2 year old Hummy has an horizontal layout.
I hope that you will be able to do the same excellent job of the new loader version a7.34. I think there may be a long wait for the release of the latest software version as the software seems to be loader dependant.
Thanks for your brilliant enhancements.
Michael.h

Hi,

Decided to take a punt and ordered a Graded HDR T2-500 in the hope that it would be the old HW version and I could see if it would Downdate and install CFW.

Arrived in a plain white box - Graded 02 - HDR-Fox T2/GB on sticker.

Old HW (side by side tuner)
Latest 1.03.06 FW and Loader 7.34

Set Fingers to Crossed . . .

Applied Downdate 1.02.32 - O.K.

Applied 1.02.32 CF v2.18 - O.K.

Phew !!!!

Info Now:

Software Version: FHTCP 1.02.32
Loader Version: a7.34
System ID: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 15 Jan 2013
MICOM Version: 9.3

Web IF has installed and seems O.K.

HTH
Pete

That's what I did. My box now has the same f/w, loader and minicom version as your box. Randomly I get the message 'This service is scrambled or no signal present' on the screen. This only happens when changing channels. Only a power cycle cures it.

Please let me know if that happens to you.

FWIW, when I say randomly I really mean that, it can work for several days before it happens.

Of course there is always the possibility I have a genuine intermittent fault. Other people have reported that they loose all channels whenever they perform a scan. I never have, and I have scanned several times. I receive all available channels.

I get the same message 'This service is scrambled or no signal present' on a 2 year old 500GB Hummy running 1.02.32 and CFW 2.18 and as stated by Wallace only fixed by a cold reboot.

Michael.h

Sorry to hear that. But we are really trying to see if the latest boxes that have 1.03.06 installed at the factory, have issues when downgraded to 1.02.32.

As I say, it's not beyond the realm that I, and possibly you, have an intermittent hardware problem unrelated to the downgrade. Even though my box is new.

The problems we believe are caused by the downgrade seem to manifest themselves in the tuners rendering the affected boxes useless until version 1.03.06 (or equivalent) is made available.

Just to confuse things a little, I asked Barry (a guy close to Humax) if 1.03.06 was generated to accommodate the new tuner module present on the HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE (with UHF input and outputs one above the other) and was answer was, NO

Hi,

Decided to take a punt and ordered a Graded HDR T2-500 in the hope that it would be the old HW version and I could see if it would Downdate and install CFW.

Arrived in a plain white box - Graded 02 - HDR-Fox T2/GB on sticker.
Old HW (side by side tuner)
Latest 1.03.06 FW and Loader 7.34

My graded box arrived the other day too. Plain white box - Loader a7.33 and FW 1.02.32
I was hoping for one with 1.03.06 - must be luck of the draw!

... Loader a7.33 and FW 1.02.32
I was hoping for one with 1.03.06 - must be luck of the draw!

My third unit, a 1TB new form JL (with a shite Seagate HDD, now removed!), also came with loader a7.33, and 1.02.32.

I now have three HDR's and each one has a different loader! a7.30, a7.33 and a7.34. The a7.34 unit is the one that had 1.3.06 on it.

I was kind of hoping that I would get an old 1.02.32 and not have to risk it . . .
at least I didn't get a V2-HW RE box - Hope someone gets hold of 1.03.06 and can sort things going forward.

Decrypt not working ! :(

I've installed the auto_unprotect and unencrypt packages as on previous HDR but decrypt is greyed out after the ENC flag disappears.

Can't remember any other things I had to do before - Tried Recursive Auto Decrypt but nothing happens (no folder appears in the [Deleted Items] folder either of course).

Any ideas experts ???

You don't need unencrypt any more. Do you have content sharing enabled Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On? Have you looked at THIS (click)?

Was thinking about one of these and am now having serious doubts, have had the Humax Foxsat HDR with custom f/w for a few years (thanks to the developers as it's great) and was going to get one of these to supplement it but won't if it can't run the custom firmware.

Do you think there's any chance of the 1.3.06 being made available and new custom F/W being released for it.

I'm more than slightly suspicious this latest is to appease the powers that be as to Humax complying with freesats / Freeview rules.

What are your thoughts on this?

Back