1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax have posted 1.02.27!

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by af123, Apr 11, 2012.

1. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

2. fenlander

fenlander Active Member

I can't see much in the feature list to set the blood racing. [​IMG]

3. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom Member

What happens if a user was to upload this to their HDR which is running the latest custom firmware?

4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Barry's reporting the 4GB streaming limit bug is fixed. :)

5. fenlander

fenlander Active Member

That'll make BH's day!

6. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

All Custom Firmware Features will stop working See Link HERE

7. Ezra Pound

I wonder if the 4:30AM wake-up now includes an 'Update EPG' as it should have from day one

8. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I'll be able to stop complaining about it, but of course it's so much better auto-mounted!

Nice to know I might have contributed to forcing a fix... but they never replied! Now I must install disable-ota in case they push it out before we have a CF update.

9. af123

No need to worry, the CF update will be available before any OTA of this version.

Wallace, SimpleSim and brian like this.
  10. oijonesey

oijonesey Hummy.tv SEO Guru

It says the loader version is a7.31 / a7.32 - does that mean this update will also update the loader version? If not what will only having v7.30 mean? Actually does it even matter at all what the loader version is anyway!! :confused:

[EDIT - just read the posts in the customised section - no need to answer my question here]

11. Wallace

Wallace Slightly Pickled

I was going to ask if it was worth installing the OTA Disable package, but I think I will hold off for now.....We, (The Royal we), have every confidence in you af123!

12. jack616

jack616 Member

I wonder if we could sue Humax if they force an OTA update that removes the mods?
    I suspect we could.

13. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

I wonder what your grounds would be ? The statement in the Software Update (OTA) section of the manual "The manufacturer reserves the right to decide when and where they release software by this process" might be a bit of a handicap.

14. Ezra Pound

There must be a limit to what they can do with their OTA though, If they OTA'ed code that 'Bricked' boxes older than a certain date I'm sure trading standards would stop it

15. Fmrl

Fmrl Member

It never bothered Sony :D

SimpleSim likes this.
  16. Frosty

Frosty Member

As long as it works for 'as shipped' boxes I doubt they are worried if it brought modified boxes to a halt (although it has increased sales). I wonder how many HDR-T2's are actually in use in the UK.

17. af123

I know there are over 1000 boxes using the customised firmware, and more each week. It probably still only represents a small fraction of the devices sold.

neilleeds likes this.
  18. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I installed it, I usually hold off until negative effects have had chance to be reported but this one seems to be a no-brainer. The daily OTA search serves no useful purpose for us modders, and has actually inconvenienced me in the middle of the night (admittedly on the HD-FOX which doesn't have an aerial feed anyway).

19. rhumsaa

rhumsaa New Member

Is there an explanation why the download of the HDR-FoxT2 upgrade is shown as an HD-FoxT2 version? Baffled oldie.
    rhumsaa

20. af123

rhumsaa likes this.