Humax have posted 1.02.27!

I know there are over 1000 boxes using the customised firmware, and more each week. It probably still only represents a small fraction of the devices sold.

WOW - I had no idea that the custom firmware was so popular - well done af123!

I applied the upgrade ,,,, my system information now shows

Application version: FHTCP1.02.27
Loader version: a7.30
Micom version: 9.3
System id: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 25 Mar 2012

So in my case the loader version has remained at a7.30 rather than
a7.31 or a7.32

I've decided to download the new update on my HD. The main reason for having the HD was to stream from the HDR. The 4GB fix is what swayed the decision for me. I am currently testing the streaming with Inglorious Bastards that I recorded on Channel 4 HD a while ago. It is 6.21 GB and is 3 hours long. Although I will miss using the customised firmware on the HD I intend to keep it on the HDR for now.

Edit. The loader version went from 7.26 to 7.27.

I'm sure it won't be long before you can have 1.02.27 + CF. I won't go back to DLNA playback now - bookmarks, transport control, file management...

Samba on the HDR, auto-mount on the HD.

You make it sound so easy. I have been struggling away, as has jsrobo, we both seem to be getting so far and then a brick wall appears. For my part I can get as far as pressing play from start and after a few seconds get the message The program is scrambled or unavailable. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Mind you, it's hail and snow outside up here in in the Highlands so I don't have much else to occupy me today.

I found it as easy as the references recently posted in the auto-mount topic. I'm not in a position to sort you out beyond that, let's hope the BYTs join in soon as you both seem to have exhausted the reception desk.

My guess is that the files have not been decrypted. Are the auto-unprotect and unencrypt packages installed on the HDR and is content sharing enabled? If these have only just been installed then you may have to wait several hours for the files to be decrypted.

Auto-unprotect and unencrypt installed on HDR and content sharing enabled. They have been installed before the latest updates. DNLA server still works ok. ie can view recordings on HD from HDR.

Do the files show up with the green 'Dec' icon in the web-if browser?

Yes they do, and I can access them though the Network DNLA system. I have tried various combinations of apps, I am thinking there may be one I've missed that I need to install on either the HDR (server) or HD (client).

I've decided to download the new update on my HD. The main reason for having the HD was to stream from the HDR. The 4GB fix is what swayed the decision for me. I am currently testing the streaming with Inglorious Bastards that I recorded on Channel 4 HD a while ago. It is 6.21 GB and is 3 hours long. Although I will miss using the customised firmware on the HD I intend to keep it on the HDR for now.

Edit. The loader version went from 7.26 to 7.27.

Did it fix the 4GB problem just upgrading the HD?

I was a bit wary of installing 1.02.27 because I thought this was going to be annoying...

If a mode button is pressed in error when trying to control the Humax product user is informed on screen to press the PVR button.

...but I actually like the new OSD - I'm so fickle :rolleyes:

I wonder if Humax are toying with the idea of manufacturing a cheaper remote (that doesn't have the LEDs under the mode buttons)

I do find it annoying. Covering up the emitter while pressing a mode button cures it, or maybe I'll go back to 1.02.20!

Back