Humax have posted 1.02.27!

Check to see if you have both types of remote and swap them over. It has been posted that one does it the other doesn't.

Edit.

Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

Both types flag up when you change mode, but only one type complains if you press an invalid button for that mode (why the heck...)

Update: belay that. Only the MDB type (programming requires 3-digit codes) flag the mode change, and the "invalid button" is only for modes that have not been programmed at all. The ADB type (4-digit codes) does not output during mode changes so does not flag anything. However, some MDP type handsets are incorrectly labelled ADP!

I see Humax are repeating an OTA of 1.2.20 next week, rather than going with 1.02.27 so it hasn't been updated from beta yet
34oud8y.jpg

It shouldn't, it will be seen as "not more recent than currently installed" and get ignored. At least, that's what those of us playing with 1.02.27 expect!

OK, so I'm now on the standard 1.o2.27 firmware. For the record, I didn't lose my schedule, or get any retune, but our DSO was last summer. Apologies in advance if this is 'just me' or has been asked before, but I no longer seem to get the 'HD alternatives' prompt. Is this because a) of 1.02.27 b) broadcasters are no longer sending this info c) DSO has occured or d) something else? Perhaps this happened sometime ago and I just didn't notice, but you become 'more aware' of things again i.e. look more closely, after an upgrade.

I get a "watch in HD" flag when I switch to BBC1 StDef, but not ITV1 or Channel 4. I'm not sure they've ever been very good at it, but it might make a difference if the source material being broadcast was not HiDef in the first place.

Prompting for a hd alternative with the "Press ok to watch in HD" message is only supported by the bbc.
Likewise, the trailer booking feature is only supported by the bbc and channel 4.

It's all broadcaster dependant. And the majority can't be arsed supporting the features.. Yet..

Best advice is to hound them.

Thank you BH, Chris. Between the time I posted, and you replied, and while my T2 was on, but untouched, the 'problem' resolved itself. Well, at least for the BBC channels on which it had once worked. I can only presume that what happened in the interval was that the EPG refreshed. Whereas, initially after the firmware upgrade there were no HD> flags, and so no prompt either, later both were restored, without any intervention on my part.

Back