Humax HDR-Fox-T2 - Blank Green Screen output on HDMI

Thanks both for your replies. Was hoping it was the Humax as that would be cheaper to replace!

What was the make of your old TV? Mine is a Sony.

Dosalmendros

Humax green screen solved!!
My green screen problem got worse vet a year, so I stitched to using the RBW outputs, which gave perfectly good results.
Then bought 4K tv, that only has HDMI inputs, and permanent green screen😟
Found a Scart-HDMI converter for about £8, set to 1080p and all works well. Some slightly fuzzy text onprogram guide, but otherwise everything works well.
Did the same with my Wii games console too😃

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Humax green screen solved!!
To be picky, I wouldn't call that "solved". Bypassed, worked around... not solved.

set to 1080p
Do you mean the HDR-FOX V-FORMAT, or some setting on the analogue-to-HDMI converter?

I tried switching to analogue and there was less difference in PQ than I expected (for broadcast TV!), but with detailed comparison it is clear the analogue video is only 576i and the V-FORMAT for the HDMI output does not control the analogue video output (confirming what I expected). Unless the converter has a fancy upscaler built in, you might be better off setting the converter to 576i and letting the TV do the upscaling.

All said, this appears to be an acceptable work-around for those with buggered HDMI outputs and a collection of recordings to watch (or no desire to replace their HDR-FOX).

Dosalmendros

To be picky, I wouldn't call that "solved". Bypassed, worked around... not solved.

Do you mean the HDR-FOX V-FORMAT, or some setting on the analogue-to-HDMI converter?

I tried switching to analogue and there was less difference in PQ than I expected (for broadcast TV!), but with detailed comparison it is clear the analogue video is only 576i and the V-FORMAT for the HDMI output does not control the analogue video output (confirming what I expected). Unless the converter has a fancy upscaler built in, you might be better off setting the converter to 576i and letting the TV do the upscaling.

All said, this appears to be an acceptable work-around for those with buggered HDMI outputs and a collection of recordings to watch (or no desire to replace their HDR-FOX).
The converter has a switch for 586l or 1080p. The first one I tried was cr*p, so returned it and found a different make, which is quite satisfactory -it’s only TV after all🙄