Interesting Items...

None of those are any better than those above. Pythagoras is an axiom; you can't prove it. To the best of our knowledge, in 3D space without gravity, it is an excellent approximation to reality.

LMAO at some of the proofs in that misleading article! Totally circular arguments, involving trig identities which are derived from...Pythagoras! Which is equivalent to the parallel postulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
BH is lost! He has wandered off into the Welsh hinterland, and has forgotten his GPS. Luckily, being a traditionalist, he has taken his map of Wales with him. He lays it down on the boggy ground, and knows that at least one point on the map will be exactly over where it is.

Sadly, that doesn't help him much.🤥

It seems that this far through winter the acorn stash is fermenting madly. (Or should that be "madly fermenting"? :dunno: )

@sine24 And I just laugh at you still posting when they have all chosen to ignore you and cannot see your trolling :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
At the very least you see. But rest assured that they all see. Just as you did. They would even post back but it's a bit difficult with all that egg on their faces.

I am reading a book called The Black Hole Wars. The author, Leonard Susskind, barely conceals his contempt for Hawking.

Thing is, this is only valid in UK representation. The States uses mm/dd/yyyy, so the next one would be 12/02/2021 - ie 2nd Dec this year.

Scientific notation (the one I prefer) logically puts most significant digit first: yyyy/mm/dd... which also works out as 2nd Dec!

The recent Mars rover parachute had a binary message of "Dare Mighty Things" + the GPS location of the JPL site it came from2021-02-24_11.32.47.jpg

Peculiar legislation
A curious consequence of our pesticide legislation is a result of the fact that pesticides need to be expensively registered. Iron sulphate as a moss-killer is classed as a pesticide. Iron sulphate as a fertilizer can be sold anywhere without restriction. You can use iron sulphate on your lawn as a fertilizer, but not in theory as a moss-killer! Is that daft or is it daft?
This suits vendors absolutely fine. They can display their expensive registered moss killers (whose active ingredient is iron) and do not tell you that the cheap iron sulphate fertilizer on the next shelf is much cheaper and often superior.

Well, I found it interesting. Dumb, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back