Interesting Items...

As it isn't the 1st yet, out of work architect.
Hmm. Not sure. There's another 'news' story extant about Krispy Kreme becoming Krispy Cream in the UK, but there is suspicion about that. I think anything 'interesting' between now and next week (or possibly the end of civilisation as we know it) must be viewed with suspicion.

Mirror online said:
Doughnut brand Krispy Kreme has today admitted its 'rebranding' in the UK was actually an April Fools' Day prank - even though they did it in March.
That makes them, not us, the fools.

Try opening Google Maps on a mobile device this evening.. moderately interesting and presumably related to tomorrow's date.

Pac-man, if you put your money in the slot.

Why does it always open at Crossford near Dunfermline? Does it do that for anyone else? How do I stop it?

I didn't know what it was and tapped the icon to see. Took me off to somewhere in the US :confused:
Won't be doing that again!

Why does it always open at Crossford near Dunfermline? Does it do that for anyone else? How do I stop it?
My saved link for Google Maps includes map parameters so that it opens showning my area. Shift/zoom to the view you would like as default, then bookmark the result.

!!!!

Got it now, on the iOS app (still can't find it on the web)! The playing grid is created from the current map view - brilliant.

IMG_2124.PNG

A use for drones?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do chocolate eggs have to do with easter then, Theresa? Was there much Cadbury's chocolate around then?

Given that Easter was nicked from the pagans in the first place she certainly has a cheek trying to impose her religion back on us.
But on a more cynical note Cadbury obviously don't want their eggs branded as 'Easter eggs' ... they want to sell them at other times too. Just follow the money :)

The Christian church has given a very tenuous connection between eggs and Easter, egg equals resurrection (really?), shell equals tomb walls, but chocolate? How does that work?

Egg = something squeezed out of the rear end of a chicken. If that's resurrection, leave me dead!

(chocolate is irrelevant - there have been decorated eggs for Easter since before chocolate)

The programme on 5 last night about the construction of the Northern Line was fascinating. Did anyone else catch it?

There is an unfinished station 220' below Hampstead Heath.

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2016/06/unfinished-north-end-ghost-station-hampstead-heath-war/

Lady Barnett killed it off in 1904 by buying all the land above it, to prevent the creation of another suburb.

Just one of many fascinations, including the exposure at one point of the actual metal tube housing part of the Northern Line, with trains rattling through, and the story of the pioneer days of building a tunnel under the Thames.

http://www.channel5.com/show/inside-the-tube-going-underground/

l

Back