Interesting Items...

They could use you at the airport to assist all those people with a fear of flying :)
On Watchdog this evening they said that you are ten times as likely to win the lottery, as a family of 4, who did not pre-book Ryanair seats, being allocated adjacent seats using Ryanair's algorithm. Maybe I should offer my services?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting item. The USA and possibly many airlines want to ban laptops, Kindles, tablets from the cabin.

I just got back from a trip to Spain with Jet2. At the spanish checkout, Lithium Ion batteries were banned in the hold.

Go figure.

The current, limited, ban on laptops in the cabin for some US flights is already causing concern because of the volume of unattended lithium cells it creates in the hold.
The US are now moving to lift the ban by making airports carry out much more rigourous checks for explosives in hand baggage (this was a news item yesterday).

Our recent experience was that Manchester Airport carried out rigourous checks. We had to remove kindle, tablet and camera from hand baggage for separate screening. Returning via Kalamata nothing was checked separately and we noticed the x-ray operators (2) gave the screen a cursory glance when they were not chatting.

Just goes to show that you are probably OK on outbound, but watch out for the inbound flight and the prophecy of Laocoön.

Our recent experience was that Manchester Airport carried out rigourous checks.
The latest US proposals go beyond that with specific tests, dogs, etc, checking for concealed explosives. The checks done at present (visual, x-ray) can't tell battery from explosive.

Just goes to show that you are probably OK on outbound, but watch out for the inbound flight and the prophecy of Laocoön.
I don't believe the USA has any specific security plans for internal or outgoing flights.

The latest US proposals go beyond that with specific tests, dogs, etc, checking for concealed explosives. The checks done at present (visual, x-ray) can't tell battery from explosive.

Got to admit having just dismantled a tablet, the grey battery looks like plastic explosive. (Not that I've any experience of course.)

But they are teaching young children stuff that they probably can't really understand in UK schools in the name of diversity.
I think that Sussex police should to waste more of my cash decorating a couple of their cars for 'straight pride'. (LINK):eek:
Pretty car though.

:roflmao:

It may be just a pencil with triangular cross section, and those have been around for years.

I would not wsh this discussion to take a sinister turn.:whistling:

Back