Interesting Items...

Or, indeed, back-pedal furiously
:rolling: Not something I've ever seen you do. Just don't do it on one of those bikes where back-pedalling applies the brakes. (Although as the brakes are applied to the back wheel you won't go A over T as was my initial thought)

@Trev Not only men, some women have an Adams apple and I do not mean the ones you are likely to see on a holiday to Thailand. Lets hope the also change "widows peak" though it too late for me now.

Never mind kinetic pavements - pop up cycle lanes.
Don't we already have them - I'm fed up with avoiding cyclists on the pavement and other no cycling venues. A pop up cycle lane would be excellent. Fling the cyclists off the pavement and back out onto the road.

Some women (and I don't mean trans people) do have an Adam's Apple. Changing the terms such as those you identify is just bonkers.

And replace it with what? Let's hope these junior staff never become senior staff.
A newspaper essay yesterday was saying the "woke" generation have basically been too indulged by their parents. There are times to just say no.

Last edited:
@BH Its just human nature, we all did it. In my day we rebelled against parents and authority by smoking in the woods, getting drunk on cider in the park and wearing clothes that our elders could never wear but these days the younger generations have just found a way of their own to annoy us.

My post took so long to appear I thought I had not hit "post reply" so wrote a second omitting the Adams apple part to avoid repeating you :unsure: then edited it into a new post when I saw it appear.
My mobile broadband often disconnects and comes back with an error saying "No Service". Unfortunately, I don't always see this and post something which takes ages or never gets sent at all. That would be my excuse - blame it on the broadband provider. ;)
(This post failed on first attempt - damned broadband!)

In my day we rebelled against parents and authority by smoking in the woods, getting drunk on cider in the park and wearing clothes that our elders could never wear
I didn't, didn't and didn't. Never smoked. Cider was at a party at someone's house. And I never was a clothes rebel - I've always preferred trousers to shorts or jeans and hate T shirts. Never wore bin bags. No piercings or tattoos either.

I don't own a pair of jeans or a tee shirt.

So far as rebelling is concerned, if their parents exerted some sort of control, they could rebel against that instead of rebelling against the civic society which provides them their bread and butter.

@BH Its just human nature, we all did it. In my day we rebelled against parents and authority by smoking in the woods, getting drunk on cider in the park and wearing clothes that our elders could never wear but these days the younger generations have just found a way of their own to annoy us.
Yes, agreed, but "we" KNEW they 'exceeded the limits'. The woke plonkers don't even know what a limit is.
DM a few days ago, Millenniums are not maturing until they are in their thirties. It was part of the article mentioned by BH above.

And here I am sat in denim shorts and a t-shirt as I usually am in the warm weather.
(When it's cooler it's jeans.)
I've always disliked collars and ties, etc. I have one suit for funerals these days.
Not a big fan of ties. Inherited a drawer full of the damn things. Only ever use them to formal meetings or those pesky funerals.

I am not even sure I can remember how to tie a tie, surely the most ridiculous piece of male clothing, zero purpose, impractical and uncomfortable. Lets hope our woke chums will demand its ban and rid the world of its pointless carbon footprint. I refuse to wear a noose even in respect of the dead and the top button can bugger off too.

I wonder if you also have a basin cut, facial tattoos and nose/lip rings to complete my mental picture,. :frantic: :rolling:

I went through a phase of tie wearing when I was a career desk-jockey. When I left that job I ditched most of them (passed them onto to a friend) keeping only a few favourites including, essential as I get older, a black tie.

Back