Interesting Items...

Putting words together to say what the expert means even when you don't really understand what the expert means is definitely an exercise in engineering. The number of times I had to get our TA to stop re-draughting to make it look better but in the process substantially changing the meaning!

Wikipedia said:
Document engineering is a document-centric synthesis of complementary ideas from information and systems analysis, electronic publishing, business process analysis, and business informatics to ensure that the documents and processes make sense to the people and applications that need them. Originating from research published by Robert J. Glushko and Tim McGrath, document engineering attempts to unify these different analysis and modeling perspectives and helps to specify, design, and implement documents and the processes that create and consume them.
Even the definition is written in gibberish. Still could be a typist, who binds their own document, puts a copy in the library and forwards a copy to another person. (Secretary?).

Why do people think any kind of systems analysis constitutes "engineering"? Apparently, anyone who completes a task they've been assigned must be an engineer. What's wrong with calling that load of "gibberish" above "authoring"?

Load of gibberish is pretty much what I was getting at in my post on the previous page about Wikipedia

Putting words together to say what the expert means even when you don't really understand what the expert means is definitely an exercise in engineering. The number of times I had to get our TA to stop re-draughting to make it look better but in the process substantially changing the meaning!

In the context of the above, I think re-drafting is correct. See:

'In British English, draught is used primarily for (1) a current of air, (2) an animal that pulls loads, (3) a load pulled by such an animal, (4) a portion of liquid, and (5) the act of drawing liquid into the mouth. And British writers use draft for (1) a written plan or preliminary sketch, (2) an order for a bank to pay money, (3) conscription into the military, and (4) the act of selecting someone for a role.'

Oh yes, making circular things on a lathe - rocket science [sarcasm]. I've seen a lathe used to make a cube.

In the context of the above, I think re-drafting is correct. See:

'In British English, draught is used primarily for (1) a current of air, (2) an animal that pulls loads, (3) a load pulled by such an animal, (4) a portion of liquid, and (5) the act of drawing liquid into the mouth. And British writers use draft for (1) a written plan or preliminary sketch, (2) an order for a bank to pay money, (3) conscription into the military, and (4) the act of selecting someone for a role.'
British usage dictates draftsperson to be reserved for someone who draws up legal and official documents

Back