Interesting Items...

:eek:

It was doing 1,000kph and 100km up after about a minute! Shame the camera blacked out just before the first stage landed on the platform.

There is a serialised radio version of The Prisoner being broadcast on R4X from Sunday (midnight).
Did anybody else hear this? I don't know a lot about the original TV series except clips and what it says in Wikipedia, but it seems to me this radio version (four 60-minute episodes) varies somewhat.

Did anybody else hear this? I don't know a lot about the original TV series except clips and what it says in Wikipedia, but it seems to me this radio version (four 60-minute episodes) varies somewhat.
I heard all the series in an earlier run.
I saw the TV series when it was shown on C4 ages ago. (Obviously a repeat, I think the TV series was c1967 and I can barely remember that and would not have been allowed to watch it even if my parents did - and they probably didn't). It was just about passable as a watch it once only programme. The TV series was extremely variable and suffered from being partially written by Patrick McGoohan who seemed to be mad as a box of frogs. If you view it as something that followed on from Danger Man (no I never saw it, but I know roughly the concept), then it makes sense. An agent resigns. One side or other kidnaps him and tries to get him to talk. That much made sense. The rest of it looks like it was influenced by a big dose of hallucinogenic drugs. For what it's worth, (and to quote the deputy CMO Prof. Van-Tam) "In my opinion" the radio series was even worse than the TV series.

That was series 3 of 3.
I recorded series 3 but having missed BBC's broadcast of series 1 and 2, (which the BBC broadcast in 2018 and 2019), I'm hoping that they will be repeated sometime in the next couple of years..

One review of the audio version describes the intention of the re-make for radio to be a “re-imagine” for audio .
An episode in series 1 is situated in darkness - that wouldn't work very well on TV.

Episode 1 of series 1 is available from the Big Finnish producers for the price of an email address.

mad as a box of frogs.
That pretty much sums it up really. I just think of it as being produced by the Portmeirion tourist board.

It was quite entertaining in parts, but like so many programmes it struggled to achieve a convincing ending. (I'm being kind there :whistling: )

It was quite entertaining in parts, but like so many programmes it struggled to achieve a convincing ending. (I'm being kind there :whistling: )
The final episode really was poor (also being kind). It didn't resolve anything. Hell, it didn't even make sense.
Have to say my favourite episode was where Number Six was played by a different actor for most of the story!

But how can you say all these disparaging things about it. It' a TV classic, of cult TV proportions.

Back