[ir] Web-based Remote Control

This is nice, but how do you get it to show you the on-screen display? :)
I want to do a manual retune remotely. I can press the buttons now, but can't see what I'm doing.
The WDTV LiveHub has the identical problem.

BTW it is working perfectly from tablet and phone now. Don't know what the issue was before but cleared down browser and all working well. It is a little slow to respond to multiple presses like turning volume up etc. (naturally) but has already been used for real as the controller has disappeared somewhere... just need that native android app. now :)

Still got problems with this on Android (stock browser on HTC desire HD). It seems to accept one press of each button from the web remote, but after that each button is 'dead' I.e. looks fine from the browser screen but nothing happens on the Hummy. Still love the concept, just a minor browser glitch to squash!

Would you Adam-and-Eve it, no sooner had I posted that last message, it now appears to be working correctly! I shall keep an eye on it...

I must be alone, but for me this just doesn't work at all. Checked the channel (1 - never changed); undelete not installed. No response at all from the box to any input on the laptop. If I input 'ir SEVEN TWO OK' it displays 'SEVEN (0x9)' and stops.

Oops. Yes, but it was recording at the time. I'll reboot properly when the recording's finished. (I said it was just me...)

I've not yet had the opportunity to take over the box and instal this but it's got to give added benefit of dynamic DNS and port forwarding.

Very useful though to be able to turn off the Hummy after remote streaming.

Am I doing something wrong then? If we change any schedules then it says it needs a reboot from Webif or remote control to make it work?

It does but anything we fire at the Hummy across the web or from the ir package still requires the Hummy to be up and running so the respective packages are active on the box.

You can send a reboot instruction via the rs service but AFAIK you cant wake up the machine if it's on standby because the custom package won't be running to pick up the injected ir command or rs service instruction from afar (hence having a couple of wake/sleep schedules so the box picks up rs instructions periodically).

You can turn the box off via the ir mod because the package is running to pick up the command, but once it's off then the package isn't there to pick up the turn on command. The only other thing I can think of is can the ir feature send the same reboot instruction as the rs service? But that still needs the box to be awake and checking the rs site every 5 minutes for anything to do. Plus of course if you're already on a device and online AND the Hummy is on then use rs anyway?)

Have I rambled or does any of that make sense??!!!!:confused:

I suppose I meant more, if you add an entry in the schedule through the remote control does that trigger it to pickup the changes from the Webif schedule, or the whole db replaced after reboot?

Dragon-it,
I'm not sure if you are confusing two things here.
If you use webif to update the schedule from its menu screen then you do need a reboot.
But, using the ir function is different. In this case you are using it to control the actual unit, as if you we're using the real remote control. So selecting epg and setting a recording updates the box directly, it does no know that you were doing it from webif.

I hope this helps.

Possibly. I was just wondering if it was the reboot, or by adding a new entry using the remote control to the schedule would also trigger it to pickup the changes you make from the WebIf.

I suppose as it shows the changes queued up then it plays these changes back into the database after a reboot before it is in use.

I was just thinking how if they can inject commands into the UI from the Webif then it would also be quite possible to do this, i.e. send command to do Guide, Schedule, remove entry etc.

Probabyl too messy anyway

Would you Adam-and-Eve it, no sooner had I posted that last message, it now appears to be working correctly! I shall keep an eye on it...
OK, I carried on using it last night from Android, it seems that it can sometimes get in the state I described where each button registers only once, but then refreshing the page in the Android browser seems to fix that problem and from there on every button press seems to work correctly. A minor annoyance but one I can live with for now. Hope these findings are helpful?

OK, I carried on using it last night from Android, it seems that it can sometimes get in the state I described where each button registers only once, but then refreshing the page in the Android browser seems to fix that problem and from there on every button press seems to work correctly. A minor annoyance but one I can live with for now. Hope these findings are helpful?
What browser are you using. I use Dolphin and no problems whatsoever.

I had the same symptoms (button only works once) when testing in Firefox, worked OK in IE9 and Safari on phone.

Possibly. I was just wondering if it was the reboot, or by adding a new entry using the remote control to the schedule would also trigger it to pickup the changes you make from the WebIf.
IIRC it used to be necessary to add an entry manually in order to make a schedule restore "take", but we don't need that any more and the modus operandi for WebIF schedule manipulations is to queue them up and add them at boot time (otherwise the database is locked).

ir isn't working on HD-FOX 1.02.29+2.12. I'm pretty sure it used to be working, but after several reboots and cold starts it definitely is not now. WebIF 0.9.14-2, ir 1.00.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling (with reboots).

That's interesting. Diagnostics reboot froze the live picture, sound carried on, WebIF continued and reported "cannot find humaxtv process" - then I had to do a cold restart.

Same again.

Still no ir.

Anybody else having trouble with HD-FOX + 1.02.29? See topic in HD-FOX forum.

Back