Issues after the 7 March retune event

philbean

Don't know if all the country is affected yet. Winter Hill here.
They moved some of the MUXs round on Wednesday. Again!

Everything was fine beforehand.

Now after the retune I've lost COM6 completely (TalkingPictures, Yesterday, Spike etc)

The Humax won't pick them up at all. Shows zero signal for Ch37.

If I standby the Humax and retune the freeview TV I can get them on the TV but breaking up badly. Good signal strength, Poor quality according to the TV.
When I tried a scan on the TV with the Humax powered up, it didn't find COM6 at all.

Quite a few people on DigitalSpy and Twitter experiencing similar issues. Dunno if they're all Humax users.

Reminds me of issues I used to have with COM7 when it first launched... but far worse.
Did COM7 used to use Ch37 on Winter Hill? Can anyone remember ??

I guess your 7/3/18 retune event was the equivalent of our 27/2/18 retune event. My ARQ A moved to Ch33, off the bottom of my aerial system's pass band.

If the coverage checker (https://hummy.tv/forum/link-forums/digital-uk-coverage-checker.41/) shows you should have good signal power, you need to check whether you have the correct group aerial to pick it up - TV aerials are optimised for particular channel groups (in effect: low, medium, high, or all-pass with low gain). It is known that the 700MHz clearance programme will affect a significant number of households by moving some muxes outside the old regional transmitter channel groups that use to reign in the days of analogue.

Guess I have been lucky.

Winter Hill, and after a retune, I still have a full compliment of services. SQ: Excellent, SS: Very good.

I cannot be sure of my aerial type, but I do know I had a new one fitted when OnDigital first started, many moons ago!

I use Winter Hill (and live in Alsager,60+ miles away). I don't seem to have lost anything. Signal strength not too good for most.

(not posted enough to include an image)

No idea about the type of aerial in use. There are several on the roof, predating my arrival here in 2001.

Looking at the various future retune events, I fear that both my mother (Mendip) and I will need wide band aerials, if we don't have them already.

From aerialsandtv .com / winterhilltx.html MUX8 (COM8?) was on channel 37.

(Can not include links either)

Hi - since the Winter Hill changes on Wednesday night I've been intermittantly losing BBC New HD (and the other channels on 55). Goes from 50% down to zero after about 30 mins. If I reboot the box it's OK for a while. I'm only a stone's throw from Winter Hill (PR7 5, Coppull, Lancashire) with line of sight of the mast, so it's quite disappointing really. The channel does seem to be OK direct from the TV tuner, as far as I can see.

Hi - since the Winter Hill changes on Wednesday night I've been intermittantly losing BBC New HD (and the other channels on 55). Goes from 50% down to zero after about 30 mins. If I reboot the box it's OK for a while. I'm only a stone's throw from Winter Hill (PR7 5, Coppull, Lancashire) with line of sight of the mast, so it's quite disappointing really. The channel does seem to be OK direct from the TV tuner, as far as I can see.
You might benefit from a factory reset. See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/is-there-a-good-time-to-retune.7624/page-2#post-103888.

I remember doing some research on this a while ago but I seem to remember something about the planned changes to winter hill frequencies to be done by 2020 pushing them out of the range of the group C/D aerials that were fitted in the area in the age of analogue - meaning that everyone in the winter hill area would need wideband aerials to receive all the channels.

Details are hazy but here is the tread....

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/winter-hill-channel-59.7218/page-2

I have a wideband aerial now.

Possibly aerial then.
I've no idea how old it is.. but its from analogue days I think.
Cold you get channels on COM8 prior to 7th. March ?, if you could then you should be able to get the COM6 now as they both use (or used) UHF channel 37

I'm on Winter Hill and I've completely lost UHF C55 (now COM7) on my HDR Fox-T2 since the re-tune on Wednesday - I could receive it prior to this, although it was one of the weaker signals so I used to get occasional pixellation.

Oddly, my (older) Panasonic plasma TV picks up C55 just fine after re-tuning, so I'm guessing this isn't an aerial issue for me. The TV is reporting the label for C55 as 'Com 78 National'

A quick look in the 'Problems at Freeview' section on the downdetector website shows there are many people all over the country with similar issues. This recent comment - "Freeview advice just told me engineers working on faults might not be until Monday before corrective actions work" - suggests that they are aware of problems.

I have just retuned a HD-Fox T2, and had no problem receiving UHF C55 from Winter Hill.

Back