Says who? Oh yes, the person pissed off because he has fewer than af.
:rolling:
That's pathetic. I'm not the one who was fishing for likes. I'm just glad that he has almost twice as many as you. I really have no problem with having less likes than af123.
As you are probably aware, my main support base for the Foxsat HDR is on AV Forums. The "likes" there are termed as 'Ratings" instead. Over there I have a rating of +1,143 for 1,207 messages posted. You, on the other hand have a rating of +230 for 1,445 messages posted. My track record is proven, let the numbers speak for themselves. I have no need to comment further. I'll let Trev figure out the percentages.

Last edited:
There speaks someone who thinks because he thinks it he must be right. Who says I was fishing? AVForums is irrelevant, that's where you spend your time - not me.

You didn't exactly reach a zenith of ethics or diplomacy over that permanent editing in PM posts business, and here's another example.

There speaks someone who thinks because he thinks it he must be right. Who says I was fishing? AVForums is irrelevant, that's where you spend your time - not me.

You didn't exactly reach a zenith of ethics or diplomacy over that permanent editing in PM posts business, and here's another example.
1, 445 messages, and you don't spend your time there ! Come on, get real ! You've posted more messages than me ! As for permanenent editing of PM messages, that's just sour grapes because you didn't win that particular argument.

Last edited:
Win the argument? You didn't even allow for a proper debate and rational decision. A forum adjustment which affects everyone was applied without so much as a by your leave, just on your say so.

Regarding the rest, I don't claim to be right - I claim the right to disagree (and for anyone to disagree) without being told off or called names for it. You don't like being disagreed with and that's all there is to it.

So what happened to your "AV Forums is irrelevant" argument ? And BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, I don't make the decisions around here, the admins do, regardless of what either you or I say. If you have a problem with that then I suggest you take it up with them, not me. As I recall there was much debate regarding the particular decision you mention, possibly not to your liking, but discussed all the same. I think we'd all like to know how you reckon we didn't allow for a proper debate and rational decision at the time. However, If you wish to take this up then I suggest you open a new thread to discuss your disagreement with their decision. This thread is about the awarding of "Likes".

Last edited:
I don't make the decisions around here, the admins do, regardless of what either you or I say{snip} If you wish to take this up then I suggest you open a new thread to discuss your disagreement with their decision. This thread is about the awarding of "Likes".
I thought that admin had made a decision at post #70

One word I have always had issue with is reiterate which, to me, seems, inherently tautological?

I thought that admin had made a decision at post #70
The topic of this thread does not require a decision from admins, but they can express an opinion, just like anyone else. The admin decision that BH referred to was made long ago, but must have been a bitter pill to swallow. It would appear that he holds me personally responsible for that decision but I will not allow his questioning of my ethics during that debate, or this one, to go unchallenged.

Yeah? So how about explaining the ethics. I made a clear case why it was unethical at the time, I don't recall a cogent counter to that case - the change was made regardless, and as it was you who asked for it and presumably also had correspondence about it behind the scenes, I do hold you in cahoots.

Is it not also unethical to declare my personal policy on likes "selfish"? I might think that your policy is "over-generous", but what you want to do is up to you. Don't get me started on ethics, I study ethics to the point of obsession.

This argument is ridiculous. I'm only in it because my ethics are not to give in to a bully.

Back