Lost password at My Humax

Trev

The Dumb One
I am registered at My Humax but my password doesn't work (where have I heard that before :laugh:) and can't find how to reset it.
Any ideas anyone please?

When you type in an unrecognised password it then shows a "Recover Password" option.

1525717774576.png

Thanks for that.
I press the button and get the email; which directs me to the following page.
Then what?
MyHumaxPassword.JPGress

No, not yet, because on most sites there is a simple password reset procedure.
But I will now. Done.
Thanks Brian.

Fixed. The emails were different????:frantic: when displayed in Outlook. When I looked in Gmail, there was a password. So all OK now.
Thanks for your help Brian

So they were the same email then, not different - just displayed differently in different email clients. I hate Outlook.

No, just rechecked. The first one is the one I posted above but the second had my username and a password. But I didn't see the second one in Outlook. I am now on my lappy and use webmail for gmail.
Bit confusing really as I hit the Lost Password button three times altogether and was thus bombarded (later) with reset emails.:frantic:And I was confused. Nothing new there then.:D

One of my elderly friends was set up with Outlook by her boys - but it quite happily hides emails (particularly ones from me) where even I can't find them.

I've set her up with TeamViewer - she can start it up with a desktop icon I've labelled "SOS", ring/text me the random pass code, and then I can virtual-desktop from home and sort out whatever might be the current problem (hopefully).

I use TeamViewer with my son, daughter and mate.
Much easier than repeatedly asking them questions about what they see on the screen.
I was going to investigate the email thing, but can't really be assed.

My advice: ditch Outlook. I prefer web mail because I can access it everywhere, but if you must use a traditional email client try Thunderbird.

I only use outlook on my main computer so that I have a local copy of all emails, having filtered the unwanted ones with webmail.
The problem that I was having with My Humax was one of not reading the efing email properly.:rolleyes:

Back