Media mistakes

Bight colours? Sounds ropy to me.Screenshot_20210226-080956.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is ilne rental inlcuded too?Screenshot_20210301-204608.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon a bit of cut and paste was used. The same transposition twice?

I reckon a bit of cut and paste was used.
Yes, that's a good bet when the same typo appears multiple times (but I don't really see the point in posting every little thing you find on the Internet - it's rife with them - particularly not as full-size screen shots).

You olny neeed to mkae srue the frist and the lsat letrets are crorcet.
In case this went over anyone's head: some time ago we discussed how a sentence is easily readable so long as words contain the correct letters, and the first and last letters are correct. It's weird, but it works, and might have something to say about how our brains scan the written word. It might also explain why typos can be so hard to spot, particularly for the author ('cos he know what he thinks he wrote, so sees what he thinks and not what's actually there).

Yes, that's a good bet when the same typo appears multiple times (but I don't really see the point in posting every little thing you find on the Internet - it's rife with them - particularly not as full-size screen shots).

I posted it because someone mentioned the firm. I, unlike you, see the point.

PS How can a forum software be so screwed up as to allow the above, where my comment got stuck inside the quote of yours, and didn't let me get out of there? Poor debugging? The bug, where I press enter and in certain circumstances, a blank line appears but the cursor doesn't move onto it, has been around for ages, too.

I posted it because someone mentioned the firm.
Who mentioned Rightmove?

PS How can a forum software be so screwed up as to allow the above, where my comment got stuck inside the quote of yours, and didn't let me get out of there? Poor debugging? The bug, where I press enter and in certain circumstances, a blank line appears but the cursor doesn't move onto it, has been around for ages, too.
I think that must be your phone. The forum upgrade is trick in places, but not impossible. Editing is available, and BBCode editing ( [ ] tool ) enables you to do anything you want.

I, unlike you, see the point.
Fair enough, I'm not the arbiter on content, but at least treat us to thumbnails.

I think that must be your phone. The forum upgrade is trick in places, but not impossible. Editing is available, and BBCode editing ( [ ] tool ) enables you to do anything you want.
No, it is something to do with the edit window and the software working out where the cursor is. It goes wrong on a range of mobiles, not just my phone, which has changed several times over the years.
Fair enough, I'm not the arbiter on content, but at least treat us to thumbnails.
Point taken.

Who mentioned Kenfig?
Nobody, but you specifically used that argument as a justification. Do you really want this argument?

No, it is something to do with the edit window and the software working out where the cursor is. It goes wrong on a range of mobiles, not just my phone, which has changed several times over the years.
Somehow, I seem to manage.

I don't see converting some of those to thumbnails achieves anything.

I don't see converting some of those to thumbnails achieves anything.
It does for me:

1614683295051.png

...as opposed to:

1614683295051.png

If viewing on a narrow screen, thumbnails might not appear to be much different than the full-size image. But on a wider screen, a full-size image is either displayed at 1:1 pixels, or shrunk so that the width fits within the display area. Thus your unedited portrait-format screen grabs (being very high rather than wide) occupy a huge area and don't fit in a landscape screen (unless it has lots of pixels).

Last edited:
To make it clear:

1614683670824.png

Try turning your phone sideways to see the full effect, and take a look at your own non-thumbnail posts.

I get by somehow!

Somehow, I sense this has little to do with thumbnails and screenshots. Peace.

Back