Media mistakes

No there wasn't. MotoGP did come into existence until 2002 with the launch of the new four-strokes. Prior to that we had the Grand Prix 500cc (two stroke) championship.

No there wasn't. MotoGP did come into existence until 2002 with the launch of the new four-strokes. Prior to that we had the Grand Prix 500cc (two stroke) championship.
My error, It was the world GP500 series. Not withstanding that, the tale came from our AGV rep who explained to the Italian manufacturers that having 'Super Jonny' on the front of his helmet would raise a titter around each lap at UK circuits.

That would have been Fu...
That reminds me of when the R4 programme "Radio Active" was first broadcast (long time ago now). How they got away with referring to a Japanese company as "Foo K'me", I'll never know. (Having said that, there has always been a tradition on BBC Radio of missing some dodgy expressions. Round the Horne is full of them.)

Re: Sir Vivian Fuchs, explorer. Newspaper headline: 'Fuch's off again'. An oldie but goody.

That reminds me of when the R4 programme "Radio Active" was first broadcast (long time ago now). How they got away with referring to a Japanese company as "Foo K'me", I'll never know. (Having said that, there has always been a tradition on BBC Radio of missing some dodgy expressions. Round the Horne is full of them.)
I think I've misremembered this. I seem to now remember it was the Foo K'mee tribe, and probably wasn't Japanese. There is a history of memory problems in my family. It appears to be catching up with me too soon.

Isn't there an old joke that has the punch line "wear the fox hat"?
I shouldn't really joke about names varying on Fuchs as one side of the family has an alternative spelling as a surname.I don't, and I do find it funny.

This was used (amongst other photos) on Breakfast to illustrate an item about meteor showers:

987F5C3F-4198-468F-87EE-50D8323A855D.jpeg

Spot the meteor (I've found two)!

What are people not in the know going to think they're looking at?

Spot the meteor (I've found two)!

What are people not in the know going to think they're looking at?
I don't really know what I'm looking for, but had a guess.
I'd imagine the picture was taken by a long exposure in the night sky, the arcs being the path of stars/planets as the earth rotates. Any line which doesn't follow that could be a meteor.:unsure: If so I might have spotted one. Not the best illustration of a shower.

Yes, and then ask why Notts County play in the city, and Nottingham Forest play in the county (at least that's what people used to say - I'm not sure the city boundary actually is the River Trent).

From a car battery charger "manual" (forced to purchase in an emergency):

447C66C9-1C1C-425B-99DD-FFFD8FD8BD8C.jpeg

8.4 A DC equal to 12 A RMS?? I don't think so! 12A peak maybe. So basically this is an 8A charger marketed as a 12A charger by using obfuscation, like music systems (100W RMS = 200W "music power").

Yes, and then ask why Notts County play in the city, and Nottingham Forest play in the county (at least that's what people used to say - I'm not sure the city boundary actually is the River Trent).
As far as I know it is. And this oddness has always bugged me.

Back