Absolutely no excuse for that.They first captioned it Stamford On Soar, when it's Stanford
Common usage.An NHS walk-in centre doesn't bar wheel-ins. Chris McCausland, the blind comedian, often says he's watched a film"...as the first patient walked in here." (over shots of him being pushed in a wheelchair).
Yes, but still better than the ITV News Central for the East Midlands, pre-recorded in Birmingham and the presenter stumbled over every other word.How crass
He (as many blind people do) still says "good to see you".Chris McCausland, the blind comedian, often says he's watched a film

The "why?" is this story. Despite the caption, the man on TV is not the female BBC journalist. Nor does he resemble her...Who? Who? And why?![]()
I wasn't sure if he'd been strangled, separated from his wife or was just odd. Or all three.From Nottingham Post
View attachment 7978
I misread this and thought the driver had been strangled. Do you think the bus has been stranded? Some basic checks including a spell check before submitting the report should have trapped this one!
I'm assuming the caption initially said Zoe Conway? If so it's been corrected now.The "why?" is this story. Despite the caption, the man on TV is not the female BBC journalist. Nor does he resemble her...
Why did you call him the chief apologist?Why? Why what?
I did no such thing. Go and read the previous messages to find out who did.Why did you call him the chief apologist?
Yes, the caption was wrong, as per my photo of the TV posted above. It clearly says Zoe. Do you mean they've corrected it on the TV now?I'm assuming the caption initially said Zoe Conway? If so it's been corrected now.
I didn't intend this to escalate, it was just meant to be a media mistake post (they used the wrong caption), but I live close to the hotel in question in Maidenhead, where the crimes happened, and so it is relevant to me. I'll stand by my assertion that he is the chief apologist because he acts as the primary defender and spokesperson for them... When they mess up.Why did you call him the chief apologist?
If you ever watch a live broadcast on BBC Parliament the BBC never know who is going to speak next or intervene. I think the audio/video switching is out of BBC control so by the time they've worked out who's speaking and caption them the picture changes and we get mistakes. That doesn't really explain such problems with BBC News though.The joys of (semi-)automated production eh? But this happened in the manual days too.
Even Burke's get it right sometimes........................................Who 1 is the reporter. Who 2 has already been identified.
Why? Why what?
They "forgot" to caption the reporter at the top of the report, so, when it came to the next caption, it was like the Two Ronnies' "answering the question before last" sketch.
They put up the caption for the bloke in the last second before cutting back to the studio.
The joys of (semi-)automated production eh? But this happened in the manual days too.
Burke's.