[network-shares-automount] package released

May be worth trying a folder without a space, just in case that is causing problems (shouldn't though). Does look like its a password / user / domain issue now... Have you got the capitalisation correct on them?

Are you able to try connecting to the share from another computer on the network?

btw if you are able to telnet onto the humax you can try mounting directly using the command that you can see being issued by the script ie

Code:
mount -t cifs //78.148.66.***/various series /media/STUFF -o user=matilda,password=oliver,domain=WORKGROUP

At least that way it is quicker to try different things to get it working.

on her laptop now and can confirm that i can see and access all the folders within 'various series' folders wirelessly on my pc, the user and password were indeed lowercase. the humax was visible and accessible via wmp too

btw the only items i could see on the pc were those items within the various series folder, so i've obviously set the share access correctly too

this is properly baffling now!!

so i now know that i've got the user and password correct, the domain is WORKGROUP, so thats correct too, the 'various series' folder is visible on the network, i'll have a go without the space in it next. the IP address is confirmed, i've tried it with _ and . inbetween the numbers. the other three items have all been left as they were, ie share, wakeup and mac

what on earth else can it be??

I have managed to mount the HDR to the HD. I can see it in the USB list but I can only see one file (the latest). I can also see the Deleted and Duplicates folders with the indication of the number of files, but there is only one file in Deleted and nothing in Duplicates (I have no other folders).
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening. Just tried again and it's just doing the same thing.
This is the last step to get the HD/HDR working as I need them, otherwise the HD may be for sale!
Thanks very much.

Edit: Just noticed that if I try to connect to the HDR via the HD storage Network icon rather than the USB one then it causes the HD to reboot itself.

shared folder now TVersity, so no space, edited the smb folder and now the PC folder has vanished from the USB folder once again! this is properly driving me mental now!

i'll have to start again for the umpteenth time, one more go then i'm gonna forget about it

more annoyin now is why the pc folder keeps vanishing

That folder shouldn't even appear unless there is a successful mount, but there is a bug I need to look into that is preventing it from being removed sometimes when the mount fails. Don't worry about it - it should either be there with stuff in it, or not at all...

oh ok, i've had it there initially each time i've loaded the package, and then it vanishes again

thats one less thing at least!! but i still cant make any progress, thanks for taking the time to look into this for me

gonna remove it all now, may have another go next tuesday when i'll be off work again
cheers

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening. Just tried again and it's just doing the same thing.
This is the last step to get the HD/HDR working as I need them, otherwise the HD may be for sale!
Thanks very much.

Edit: Just noticed that if I try to connect to the HDR via the HD storage Network icon rather than the USB one then it causes the HD to reboot itself.

The reason for the last bit not working was that I don't have the coax connected to the HD (it's only in test mode!). I can see the HDR via DLNA.
So, the mount still doesn't show anything more.
My mount settings are:
smb/HDR-FOX/
domain=WORKGROUP
folder=Media
host=192_168_11_5
mac= (default value)
password=Password
shareFolder=off
user=User
wakeUp=off

scanmounts.log says
192.168.11.5 is on-line - attempting to mount
mount -t cifs //192.168.11.5/Media /media/HDR-FOX -o user=User,password=Password,domain=WORKGROUP

unshared users, and shared matilda and My Music. user=user password=password
tried folder=Users, nothing then folders=matilda but the 'stuff on pc' folder has vanished again from the USB section, without that there really is no hope??

the folder was there with Users, but once i tried to edit to matilda it simply vanished

on the verge of completely giving up, will try again with my user/password combo

Hi I’m certainly no expert but did managed to get this to work with my sumvision media player once I realized that / media /My Video/[ModSettings] /smb/sumvision was too many characters for the hummy to mount the folder on the usb device it would momentarily show up then disappear when I change it to / media / My Video /[ModSettings] /smb /movies it all worked brill and have never looked back.

Your share name ['stuff on pc'] [folder] may be just to many characters for the hummy too set up the share my experience is eight characters or less, hope this helps sorry if it does not.
Cheers
Andy

a massive thanks to climber for spending the last hour talking me thru the mount process step by step, i seems i had fallen foul to a schoolboy error and had put the IP address of my provider, rather than that belonging to my pc!! what a fool, and what a waste of a, luckily very rainy, day off!! its all working fine and dandy now, so its goodbye to TVersity!!

thanks again everyone for their input and i'm sorry for clogging up the thread, feel free to delete them all mods!!

I've just come on line and read through this, and I was about to ask why the IP address you were using didn't start 192.168. !

one thing i've noticed is that the resume point doesnt seem to have been saved when i go back to continue viewing a file, is it a particular file type that this works on?

Resume points only work with the Humax TS files (stored on and served by the Humax), using one of the sidecar files to save the info.

Now we need to sort out osmyth's problem, posts #346 & #351.

What do you actually see in the top-level USB list, osmyth?

Thanks Black Hole. I think the underlying problem may be something to do with the HDR.

On the HD USB list I see the USB HDD and the HDR-FOX - My Video - Deleted Items folder and Duplicates folder. There is nothing in the Duplicates folder. In Deleted Items there are a few items, but with short names such as TOUR_~U4.TS.

When I started playing with the HD, I noticed that if I looked at the HDR on the laptop under Network (Humax entry), it was there but the files were shortened like above (previously they were the full names). Later on the Humax entry wasn't there at all and isn't there now. I can get to Web-If on the HDR, and telnet and ping to it.
Just now I tried the Network icon (blue Storage button) in the HDR Media list. It said processing and then said a Server couldn't be found. Eventually it found my laptop.

Not sure what's going on!

Edit: now the HDR Media Server has diappeared from the laptop Network list. Before I could open it in WMP and see the files.

Edit: I did have unencrypt running frequently on the HDR but have taken that out of the crontab now.

Back