[network-shares-automount] package released

Check in your Network - PC. to see if the share folder has set up correctly it will be displayed in there. Its name has to be the same as the one set up in SMB (folder=).

yes i've checked that thanks, i've learnt a lot about my pc in these last 24 hours!!

shes started watching casualty so i've got no chance for a while yet!!

Ignore my last post now - If you are happy with it working, then leave it as is, but it could be easier to manage if you just set up a new shared folder. Any other folders you added within that are also accessible via the remote.

aha, network path has now been uncovered

the full thing is:-
\\MATILDA-PC\users\matilda\Music\various series\humax sharing

it seems i've been asking it to look in the wrong folder anyway?? i thought it was called videos? should i just go for Music which would access all my files, or can i specify right down to humax sharing?

With smb sharing, the path to the share is irrelevant to the client, eg if you've shared "Music", the config must say "Folder=Music", not a folder beneath, above, or the path to it. The subfolders "various series\humax sharing" will appear in the directory structure once the share is mounted.

If you shared "humax sharing" then the config should just say "Folder=humax sharing".

If the path you've used above is how you access it from another PC, then it looks like "users" is actually the name of the share, so Folder=users" is what you should be using. Then you've have to navigate all the way down on to "humax sharing", though so better to set up a share there instead!

I think I've confused things with the message about replacing slashes with underscores, which is only relavent with nfs sharing, when you do specify the full path - I'll remove that message from the example smb folder sometime...

it still doenst work no matter what folder i type in, have tried it with 'music' (no capital letter, relevant??), matilda, users, various series and humax sharing, again, is the space relevant?

constantly get connection refused error on the diagnostics

now the stuff on pc folder has vanished from the USB section again, and the deletion of files wont complete either, one last go then i'm giving up!

but thanks anyway! yr idiot proof guide to set up is nowhere near basic enough for this idiot!!

is my post #312 relevant
No - that error is just a warning that the settings directory already existed when you reinstalled it.

The one thing I'm not clear on is what folder you have actually shared on the PC?!

Do you have another PC you can successful access it from to find out?

Or can you open an explorer window on your PC and put \\MATILDA-PC\ in the path, and see what the names of the shares are?

like i said in my post before last i've now shared all the folders from Music downwards, all confirmed as shared, will try to work it out and get back later

all removed from webif and humax once again

Or can you open an explorer window on your PC and put \\MATILDA-PC\ in the path, and see what the names of the shares are?

i pasted \\MATILDA-PC\ into explorer and under Users it shows two folders, matilda and PUBLIC, nothing shared under public but the other shows the path \\MATILDA-PC\Users\matilda

so that means i can put folders=Users?? or should i go further down the chain to matilda? upper case relevant or not?

so that means i can put folders=Users?? or should i go further down the chain to matilda? upper case relevant or not?

Yes ("folders=Users") Looks like your other shares are not there (maybe win7 doesn't let you / show you shares of subfolders of a folder that is already shared). Depending on how the "Users" share is set up, yo may or may not have to have your windows user and password set up in "user=..." and "password=..."

Or try unsharing "Users" and set up a fresh share on the folder you want (that you can see in \\MATILDA-PC\ to know it has worked)

ok thanks i'll try again

do i need to reboot the hummy at any point after i've set up and edited the mod settings?? or should the 'stuff on pc' folder populate itself? can i edit the settings as many times as i want to?

unshared users, and shared matilda and My Music. user=user password=password
tried folder=Users, nothing then folders=matilda but the 'stuff on pc' folder has vanished again from the USB section, without that there really is no hope??

the folder was there with Users, but once i tried to edit to matilda it simply vanished

on the verge of completely giving up, will try again with my user/password combo

ok thanks i'll try again

do i need to reboot the hummy at any point after i've set up and edited the mod settings?? or should the 'stuff on pc' folder populate itself? can i edit the settings as many times as i want to?
It should sort itself out without a reboot. Basically it tries to re mount the share again every 10 seconds or so.

78.148.66.*** is on-line - attempting to mount
mount -t cifs //78.148.66.***/various series /media/STUFF -o user=matilda,password=oliver,domain=WORKGROUP
mount: mounting \\78.148.66.***\various series on /media/STUFF failed: Connection refused
Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/STUFF: Invalid argument

connection refused, why?? is it more likely to do with my password and the humax failing to get in contact with the pc

i've set the share so that now when i put \\MATILDA-PC\ it reveals Users and various series as shared, cant seem to have one without the other tho?

edit: yes i can, so it just shows various series as shared right after \\MATILDA-PC\

Back