[network-shares-automount] package released

Using the
Decrypt

Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Decrypt

method has now made the programs viewable. :)

I was under the illusion that auto-unprotect along with unencrypt carried this decryption function on the fly and that's why I could watch recordings on my laptop, PC etc.

I was under the same illusion, so that sorts your problem does it?

Now having sorted Decrypt or unencrypt out, all I have to do is to get a [Shared] directory in My Videos.
My current Mod Settings/smb/humax2 are:
folder=media (4.0KiB)
host=192_168_1_66 (4.0KiB)
mac=ABABABABABAB (only needed for wakeUp) (4.0KiB)
password=0000 (4.0KiB)
shareFolder=off (4.0KiB)
user=humaxftp (4.0KiB)
wakeUp=off (4.0KiB)

Any suggestion for amendments??????????????????????????

My first post though I have been following you guys for some time. I have successfully network shared from my HD to my HDR as host and from my HDR to my Windows 7 laptop as host. I could even run a video on my HD from my laptop via the HDR share! Everything looked OK until I found that when I pressed the remote media button on the HDR I went straight to the My Video folder and the Upper Folder link to the Media Folder had disappeared. Pressing the yellow button and selecting music took me straight to My Music, again with no upper folder. I tried un-installing CIFS and network-shares-automount and re-booted my HDR with no effect. I can see the upper Media folder in WebIf with no problems. The only other thing I did was to install and remove redring. I am still on 1.02.20. Any clues before I re-install 1.02.20.

Hi - installed this pkg and seems to work fine with unencrypt and unprotect etc :)

Only one question, re the efforts to make the directories easier to work with - is there any way to change the default directory that the HDR would use to place new recordings (and folders for series recordings) in ?

If that were possible, then we could have the Shared and Local effectively at a "top" directory level, as at the moment I can't see the level above My Video on the HDR interface itself.

It isn't currently possible to change the default but you can change the target folder on a per recording basis. The seriesfiler package is another option that will automatically move series recordings into existing folders with the right name.

I'll take a look at that - seems like a choice between manual intervention for each recording at the setting point, or an auto-move *after* the recording. Ta.

hi - i'm new to the hummy but fairly competent around networks...
my NAS shares out my movies and are accessible on all pc's & laptops in the house.

I set up the hummy directory and according to the log it is mounted successfully below. If i access from a pc the hummy web interface and type in //192.168.2.20/media/nas [the mount confirmation] all the contents on the nas are showing - so the hummy is mounting the share - but i can't find it on the hummy interface. Tried the media button, video etc - the /media/nas mount doesn't show up anywhere - where do I find it? or do i need to make a symlink somehow to the /media directory?

help someone? i reckn i am really close, but can't find where the media shows up

thanks

simon

>>> Contents of /var/log/scanmounts.log 142.00 bytes
192.168.2.2 is on-line - attempting to mount
mount -t cifs //192.168.2.2/openshare /media/nas -o user=humax,password=humax,domain=XXXXXXXXX

If you plug in a USB flash drive then the Humax will also display the nas share as a drive that can be selected. Alternatively, the automount package has an option to loop mount the directory (/media/nas here) into the /media/My Videos/ tree - I think that's shareFolder=on

I think that's shareFolder=on

It is indeed - that should cause the network mounts to appear in My Videos/[shares]
Use with care though - if you delete the [shares] folder for example you could delete the contents of your NAS if it is mounted. Also be aware that if you're using seriesfiler, (or other packages that scan the "My Videos" folder) they will scan into your shares.

Or did seriesfiler get updated to not look into folders starting with "["? I know we talked about that at one point. eg does it has some way working with undelete to avoiding filling into the deleted items folder?

As pointed out, the alternative is to simply stick in a usb drive, and the shares should be available as "usb drives".

Steve

ps - I've been away for a while, and can't quite work out from all the recent posts what problems are still outstanding - if anyone still has any particular problem with the network-shares package, please shout and I'll try and help :)

Below is a typical recommendation on this thread for the Mod-settings:

domain=WORKGROUP (4.0KiB)
folder=media (4.0KiB)
host=192_168_0_12 (4.0KiB)
mac=ABABABABABAB (only needed for wakeUp) (4.0KiB)
password=Password (4.0KiB)
shareFolder=off (4.0KiB)
user=Humax (4.0KiB)
wakeUp=off (4.0KiB)

Last night I changed shareFolder to ON

Not an unreasonable suggestion I hear you all say. And Bingo my [Shared] directory appeared:)

It's annoying to think it's taken me over a week to set this all up and get it to work. What with the confusion about Decrypt and the share=ON

Where were you Drutt when 'we' needed you.

Seriously though the [network-shares-automount] package needs a typical ModSettings recommendation & a warning about Decrypting in Wiki would be a good idea. The warning about correct Decrypting needs to be comprehensive as it can easily be mis-understood, because both Trajet & myself got it wrong. Didn't WE!:byebye:

Very nice, haven't been for some years.

How about the "ShareFolder=On" bit? Is this the setting that most should use?

Back in the mists of time at the start of this thread, popular demand led me to putting it as an option that defaulted to off. There was an accident where the [shares] folder had been deleted (thus deleting the contents of a NAS drive!) and potential issues with undelete, autofiler and similar assuming the mounted network shares were part of the local filesystem.

The consensus was that the best thing was to just have a usb stick permanently plugged in, thus making the shares available as "virutal usb drives" (The option to access them only becomes available on screen if a real usb storage device is plugged in). On the HD model it is not an issue, as you can always access the root of /media anyway.

Seriously though the [network-shares-automount] package needs a typical ModSettings recommendation & a warning about Decrypting in Wiki would be a good idea.

I'm sure Ezra will paste something in for you if your experience and learnings can be compiled. It serves as a reminder that sometimes it does take a fresh look at something to uncover where the instructions aren't always as clear as was thought.

I have mine set to "Off" so the mount simulates a USB drive, but (as noted) you have to have a real USB drive fitted to make it visible. We have in the past had problems with CPU performance when it puts a lot of effort into indexing or otherwise scanning a (potentially huge) network share mounted under My Video, so we do not in general recommend it.

I'm sure Ezra will paste something in for you if your experience and learnings can be compiled. It serves as a reminder that sometimes it does take a fresh look at something to uncover where the instructions aren't always as clear as was thought.

By all means, If you (jsrobo) supply the text, i'll put them in the Wiki

I have yet to set up the unencrypt to run at night, but yes the decryption system works.

I have (I think) now set up the unencrypt to run at night.

I've noticed there was wake up function in the [ModSettings] so I have put in my MAC address of my HDR and set wakeUp=on, Is there any other steps I need to take to make this function work?

That function will do nothing to the HDR, which has no support for WoL (Wake-on-LAN). Some NAS drives do.

Back