New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

I am now trying to go into web interface and I have a big red box with the following warning .........

!! WARNING !!

There appear to be some hardware problems with the internal hard disk on this device.

Disk realloc sector count is: 1

Don't panic; for help, visit wiki.hummy.tv

What have I done ? :(
Nothing it has just reallocated a sector on the hard drive. When it gets to >500 reallocated sectors for a 500GB disk, with a regular increase in the number it is time to think about replacing the disk: this is a long way off.

The OTA update is not being transmitted at the moment. Not on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter anyway. It was supposed to run until 9AM tomorrow.

It won't.

1.02.32 does not have the EPG slow-down, but neither does it have the new iPlayer and the iPlayer Radio is broken.

OK we have just over 20 and it is a bit slower than for the earlier version but acceptable to me. It was horrible when there were 20 expired recordings in the schedule.

Maybe I'm being fussy Martin, I probably am but I'm using OH's unit then popping back and using mine and I really want it to be as responsive as his is again.

I'm considering a fly swap over when he leaves for work in the morning, do you think that would be grounds for divorce? :D

Ok, I've installed the 2 packages to stop it updating overnight again so hopefully I should be safe now.

Am I missing out by not having those fixes with the new software last night ?

Take a look while you have it. Looks more like iPlayer on tablets.

Was just doing that as you posted black and it's really smart actually isn't it, much faster and easier on the eye.

I probably only use iplayer around once a month, maybe even less as I have 3 pvr's on the go (not counting my OH's lol) and rarely miss recording anything I fancy, so if I were to weigh it up, I'd probably prefer the faster EPG as I use that all day.

So the EPG is now YouView compatible (ie. slow) in 1.03.xx. Sigh. Two steps forwards and one step backwards. Why do all companies seem to be a bunch of incompetents when it comes to writing and releasing software? It's not that hard you just have to get it right and know what you are doing. I write software for a living.

So the EPG is now YouView compatible (ie. slow) in 1.03.xx. Sigh. Two steps forwards and one step backwards. Why do all companies seem to be a bunch of incompetents when it comes to writing and releasing software? It's not that hard you just have to get it right and know what you are doing. I write software for a living.

I know Owen, it's so frustrating isn't it, they need to employ af123 who could show them how to create The Perfect PVR that people actually want!

I am now back to 1.02.32 and my EPG is lightning fast again :D:p:cool:

Thanks for all the advice as always guys, much appreciated :hug:

The improvements in 1.03.12 appear to be worth having. I'm waiting to see what happens with custom firmware since I don't want to lose the "fan" package (among others). Maybe I'll be OK with the slower EPG.

Given Humax software updates have slowed to a near standstill (forced due to HD recording issue this time), I may install CF on my parents and aunt's machines if only for "fan" and "auto-unprot". Might put ntp on my Dad's box as well, he's complained about the clock being a couple of minutes wrong.

It's now saying the Air flow temperature is 'Failing now' ..what does that mean?
This message has always been there, it isn't new and it isn't a problem, ID 190 is not important on the Humax, it is telling users that the hard disk temperature has reached the point where the fan turns on, that's all. If Web-If >> Diagnostics >> Hard Disk >> Attributes >> ID 194 >> Worst = higher that 60 Deg C, then the hard disk is getting too hot

So the EPG is now YouView compatible (ie. slow) in 1.03.xx. Sigh.
It would be interesting to know what was changed and why. There is nothing in the software release notes that seems to suggest work in this area. If I recollect correctly the very early software releases for the HDR-FOX T2 had a slow EPG which was fixed in one of the early software updates.

Have just installed version 1.02.32 CF 2.21 and the 'Swap List and Info' command doesn't work now :(

I think the version I had was one of the ones that now say they are not now available for download' as I'd had it on my box for over a year anyway.

The setting is still there and I have it set to 'yes' but it doesn't work. Any ideas guys?

I have rebooted the box 5 times so it's not that in case anyone is wondering

You may need to run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic if you have installed an official release on your way back to 1.02.32/2.21

Back