New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

You will speed it up if you delete some of the old (obsolete) scheduled recordings - the ones that no longer have a time against them.

Thanks Harvey, have just done that, there were 17 of them, but it hasn't made any difference. It must be the update last night as it's never done this before.

My Humax is now behaving like a Sagemcom and that is out of order !

If you refer to post #81 you will see that MontysEvilTwin has already gone to 1.03.12 and back to 1.03.11/cf2.22 successfully.

I'm confused now. So is it ok for me to now install the 1.03.11/cf2.22 onto my box even though I was on 1.02.32 yesterday?

Thanks Harvey, have just done that, there were 17 of them, but it hasn't made any difference. It must be the update last night as it's never done this before.
We had 20 expired recordings in the schedule and deleting them made a substantial difference. How many non expired recordings do you have in your schedule?

I'm confused now. So is it ok for me to now install the 1.03.11/cf2.22 onto my box even though I was on 1.02.32 yesterday?
Put it this way, I and many others have done this successfully. I don't recall anybody reporting that it has not worked for them.

You will now be on 1.03.12. Going from 1.03.12 to 1.03.11/CFW 2.22 is known to work. Going back to 1.02.32/ CFW2.21 should also work, but no one has reported trying it yet.

Put it this way, I and many others have done this successfully. I don't recall anybody reporting that it has not worked for them.

Yes but were you previously on 1.02.32 or 1.03.11 before it upgraded last night, thats what no one has specified so how can you report that it has worked for everyone???

Does the previous software you were on not matter, thats what I'm asking?

You will now be on 1.03.12. Going from 1.03.12 to 1.03.11/CFW 2.22 is known to work. Going back to 1.02.32/ CFW2.21 should also work, but no one has reported trying it yet.

Thank you Monty, glad to see a reply from someone who understands what I'm asking.

I'm not sure what to do now?

There is no reason as to why it would not work. I don't recall anyone making such a bad job of putting firmware on the box that they have broke it in the last 2/3 years.

Basically, if one doesn't work, try another version. No need to stress out.

@ Mrs Snowman. If you can put up with the EPG lag, go for 1.03.11 cfw, if not try reinstalling 1.02.32 cfw: there is no reason it should not work.

Edit: already answered above. I made a cuppa mid post.

Plus set a reminder for it to switch on and not record from 04:20 to 04:40 every day. I use, Settings, Preference, Time, Power on at 04:20 and power off at 04:40, daily.
This is NOT a reminder! This is a power on/off, and NOT A REMINDER. Just being "on" is not sufficient to prevent an OTA.

For the umpteenth time, see Things Every... (click) section 1, follow the link in the fourth paragraph, and see the third footnote (marked ***). (It's not as hidden as it sounds - if you read it)

@ Mrs Snowman. If you can put up with the EPG lag, go for 1.03.11 cfw, if not try reinstalling 1.02.32 cfw: there is no reason it should not work.

Edit: already answered above. I made a cuppa mid post.

I want to do the above as that slow epg is too annoying but I'm too scared lol :eek: :D

How many scheduled recordings do you have (I asked earlier but I think you missed it)?

Sorry Martin, I did indeed miss that. Currently installing the 1.03.11 custom (I'm too scared to install the 1.02 .32 lol ) so once thats completed I will count them. Interestingly, I just had a go on my OH's Humax, his didn't upgrade as he had the disable thing installed and his EPG is normal, the way mine was yesterday.

Thank you Monty, glad to see a reply from someone who understands what I'm asking.

I'm not sure what to do now?

I may not have understood what you were asking but I read what you had written:

I read your comment as asking if installing 1.03.11 was OK, when you were previously using 1.02.32.
And I did not say it had worked for everyone, I said that I believe that nobody had reported a problem.

Also, I said, earlier, that in post #81 had moved from 1.03.12 back to 1.03.11 ...

Anyway, I apologise for misunderstanding your question.

Ok install seems fine, although the EPG is still really slow :(

Martin, I have 28 set recordings at the moment.

I'm off now to install the disable thingie.

I am now trying to go into web interface and I have a big red box with the following warning .........

!! WARNING !!

There appear to be some hardware problems with the internal hard disk on this device.

Disk realloc sector count is: 1

Don't panic; for help, visit wiki.hummy.tv

What have I done ? :(

Back