New Humax boxes - 'freetime'

Background delete Yes, you can carry on deleting single recordings without waiting.If I remember rightly ITV Player doesn't show the ads anyway.
I can live with not having multiple deletion as long there's background delete.
I just checked the web itv player and if I go to a point in the recording beyond an advert point you have to watch all adverts before the program will start from the chosen point.
Are you saying that because everything is saved temporarily as a stream you can bypass the ads by skip fwd? Could you check it actually does that?
Since my internet is fast enough I would hope that I might have the whole program in buffer by the time of the first ad.

I can live with not having multiple deletion as long there's background delete.
I just checked the web itv player and if I go to a point in the recording beyond an advert point you have to watch all adverts before the program will start from the chosen point.
Are you saying that because everything is saved temporarily as a stream you can bypass the ads by skip fwd? Could you check it actually does that?
Since my internet is fast enough I would hope that I might have the whole program in buffer by the time of the first ad.

Depends on the size of the buffer provided. Before you ask not a clue how big it is :)

I will try ITV player for you.

ITV Player HDR1000s. Nocommercial ads as such, you get a opening ad for in this case Surprise Surprise and a reprise where the ads should be. You can't skip either but ot's much shorter than the 4 mins or so of a normal commercial break. As always picture quality isn't up to much.

It is, the post points out that satellite uses ac3 for HD channels (AKA Dolby Digital), Freeview-HD uses aac audio which the box has to recode to ac3 to be compatible with most external kit.

Sorry read it slightly differently to you - I wasn't putting the 'accent' on the 'uses' word

I got my new freetime box yesterday and i must say i am quite impressed, its much different to my Hummy HDR, there is only 1 niggle but not sure if theres a solution.... when playing back a recorded programme, the programme title scrolls along the display, is there any way to stop it scrolling as can be quite annoying....

Don't look at it :)

Back