Newbie: Help needed

Ok, the passwd command options are a bit different from what I've read elsewhere.
Let's try to change the password for HumaxFTP, the command according to what you got back from passwd -h will be as follows (Caps & spaces are important).
"passwd HumaxFTP pass"

Changing password for HumaxFTP
Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 characters)
Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
Enter new password:
Re-enter new password:
Passwords do not match.
passwd: The password for HumaxFTP is unchanged.

Foxsat-HDR~#

So password needs to be Password1?

Foxsat-HDR~# passwd HumaxFTP pass
Changing password for HumaxFTP
Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 characters)
Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
Enter new password:
Not a very good password: too weak.
Re-enter new password:
Password changed.
Foxsat-HDR

righto, keep the telnet window open and now back to the web interface via the web browser and try
HumaxFTP / password
for the userid & password

It didn't work. Carefully input the details but it just went back to a blank user name and password and when I try to come out of that it gives a 401 forbidden error page.

Attachments

• Humax12.png
    Humax12.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Humax13.png
    Humax13.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Humax14.png
    Humax14.png
    105 KB · Views: 1
Right, I found the following here...

So, try this from the telnet window (no need for italics!):
pass-disable

It worked! I am back in on my front page!
I can't thank you enough, it's been days trying to get a fix.
I owe you many thanks for the help and patience you've shown on this Sunday afternoon when I am sure you could have been doing better things.
Thank you so much Cancunia. You have been brilliant!

You're welcome, glad that it worked.
3 things to remember:
1, It's a mystery why Putty didn't work, your network may have some odd settings
2, We've changed the HumaxFTP password so if you ever want to use FTP, you'll need to remember that
3, Go to the Web Interface Settings Page and within that look for Web Interface Server Settings and see what user & password are set to, think about changing them to something memorable..

You're welcome, glad that it worked.
3 things to remember:
1, It's a mystery why Putty didn't work, your network may have some odd settings
2, We've changed the HumaxFTP password so if you ever want to use FTP, you'll need to remember that
3, Go to the Web Interface Settings Page and within that look for Web Interface Server Settings and see what user & password are set to, think about changing them to something memorable..
Thank you, I will. Please enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I really am thankful of the time you spent this afternoon.

Back