Can you provide a bit more information ?
1) If the "disconnect all my equipment and reinstall" was the trigger can you tell us what exactly you did ? Just a physical power down, re-arrangement of cables or whatever should not have caused loss of access, so what else happened ? Something like updating your browser might be a more plausible cause.
Understanding this might help work out why you had problems initially, which might inform the solution.
2) As Martin has linked to, removing the custom firmware properly requires access to the system to delete data before re-flashing, so the implication is that you can't have removed the CF. Can you explain exactly what you did when you went through the uninstall CF, install standard, reinstall CF route ?
3) When accessing the Foxsat Webif prior to the trigger are you sure it was secured ? For example, did you need to type in username/password each time or perhaps you have the credentials saved in some form on your browser or password safe ?
4) Can you re-confirm that SSH connections using the default credentials for both default accounts (HumaxFTP and root) fail ? Note usernames are case sensitive as well as password.
5) Did you have any file transfer mechanism in use with the foxsat ? e.g. Filezilla, mapped drives etc