1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[nicesplice]+[nicesplice-magic-folders] On box video editing

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Drutt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian New Member

Ahha; sorry, I hadn't realised, but by implication, does NiceSplice not work on the FoxSat?

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

You can't mix and match. The Foxsat is much less powerful, and the software has to be specifically prepared for one or the other.

Everything posted above will have been on the assumption you were talking about HDR-FOX custom firmware, and none of it is relevant to Foxsat.

3. Robti

Robti Member

Hi just seen this and tried to have a play with it but on webif I select media then the file I want to work with pressing the red button then I select opt and the menu window appears but I can’t select it

4. MymsMan

MymsMan Well-Known Member

Cropping a file requires bookmarks to be set at the start &/or end of the parts you want to keep so the option is not selectable if you don't have any bookmarks set.
    DetectAds and ARbookmarks are two tools that will automatically create bookmarks otherwise you need to set them manually

Splicing files together requires two or more files to be selected before the Join button is enabled

5. Robti

Robti Member

Thanks for the quick reply of the two tools you mention can you recommend one over the other ?

6. MymsMan

MymsMan Well-Known Member

ARbookmarks just bookmarks the Accurate recording points at the beginning and end or programmes and is really only of use if you use padding while detectads attempts to detect each of the adbreaks within a programme and can optionally crop them out using a version of nicesplice.

I routinely run with autocropping but others are less tolerant of the occasional misdetect and just use the bookmark button on the remote to skip the ads.

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

They do different jobs, so it depends what you want to do. Read up on them! The crop function is not dependent on either, it just needs some bookmarks to define the crop start and end points - how the bookmarks get there is up to you.

8. Robti

Robti Member

Thanks I will have a read up on them