Options for Domestic Wired Networking / Broadband

I'm with Andrews & Arnold ISP, expensive but worth it. Their prices tend to stay the same or go down, or you get more for the same money. They're not trying to compete with anyone, if I left they'd just let me go. Their technical knowledge is second to none, I once questioned something and got sent the relevant RFC and a statement saying which clause they conformed to.
Never heard of them before, great reviews but pretty dear. This is what they are quoting for me.

Superfast" FTTC services, speeds up to 80Mb/s, and G.FAST.

Install from £0, migration from £0
  • 1, 6 or 12 month term options
  • Monthly price from £45.00, including the 'copper pair'
"Ultrafast" FTTP services using CityFibre's network. Speeds of 160M or 1G, symmetrical.

New install £10.00 or migrate for £10.00
  • 1 month minimum term
  • Monthly from £37.00
  • Using CityFibre's infrastructure, not available in all areas

Never heard of them before, great reviews but quite expensive. This is what they are quoting for me.
They quote the same price for everyone for a particular service. There are no deals to be had at A&A, the price is the price and you take it or leave it. It's one of the reasons I like them, tell me the price and what I get for it and I'll say yes or no.

They quote the same price for everyone for a particular service. There are no deals to be had at A&A, the price is the price and you take it or leave it. It's one of the reasons I like them, tell me the price and what I get for it and I'll say yes or no.
I am assuming that I am more likely to bump into you in Waitrose than Lidl :).

I am assuming that I am more likely to bump into you in Waitrose than Lidl :).
Neither, I shop in Sainsburys most of the time. I tried Waitrose and there were too many things I like that they don't stock. But yes, you're not likely to bump into me in Lidl or Aldi.

I 😍 Sainsbury's, they keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose.

Oh for access to fibre AT ALL!
I have the choice of G.Fast (which I have at 330/50 and I get 326/49.9 megabits up/down), Virgin, or Cambridge Fibre which will do up to gigabit symmetric (which my neighbours have). I agree it's not fair, for a decade I had crappy 3 megabits ADSL and then three high speed options came along like busses all at once.

Neither, I shop in Sainsburys most of the time. I tried Waitrose and there were too many things I like that they don't stock. But yes, you're not likely to bump into me in Lidl or Aldi.
There are certainly some things from Sainsburys that I really like so do I shop there from time but most of my grocery shopping these days is in Aldi because the prices are cheaper (although the gap in prices is significantly smaller than it was a years ago), the quality is good and they don't play silly games with the pricing of their own brand items.

Back