Proposed acquisition of Hummy.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace

Traveler 34122
Deleted Member said:
Hi all,

I'm still interested in coming to some kind of agreement. I am interested in acquiring all/part of hummy.tv (with possibly an advertising deal).

Are you interested? I want to help the site grow and invest heavily in making it the number one place for Humax owners.
Yeh, right

Oh, and BTW, It already IS the number one place for Humax owners!

:p

A member since February and this is his first post.

I can smell a tinned processed meat product here...

Deleted Member said:
It's a serious offer. I spoke to Micheal a while back. Just wasn't getting anywhere lately. Is he away?
You could try spelling his name correctly. ;)

Deleted Member said:
Hi all,

I'm still interested in coming to some kind of agreement. I am interested in acquiring all/part of hummy.tv (with possibly an advertising deal).

Are you interested? I want to help the site grow and invest heavily in making it the number one place for Humax owners.
Who are you anyway? (Excuse the bluntness, but what do you expect?)
Why does the site need growing?
Investing heavily to do what?
How are you going to get your money back?

Perhaps he a 'mole' for Humax.

Either way, I hope this site doesn't go the way of AVForums. Now that, IMHO, is just full of adverts and cr@p.

The members that built this site and the Custom Firmware it is linked to, have donated their time and effort for no monetary gain, I don't think we should be selling off the advertising rights to it so that someone can profile from it all

@Michael. Could you set the record straight? The OP posting this in the open forum makes it feel like one of those cold calls you get from energy providers. It would be nice to know if there were any substance to it.

You can adblock the ads on avforums. I got a message in 2011 telling me not to, but I reported it as advertising spam.

Yes. I do the same. But it's still sh1te.
Deleted Member said:
I agree. That's absolutely not my intention.

Regarding the 'advertising deal'. That certainly didn't mean plastering the site with ads.

Are you prepared to comment on why you should be allowed to profit from the time and effort donated for free by the members of this forum

Are you prepared to comment on why you should be allowed to profit from the time and effort donated for free by the members of this forum
To be fair he doesn't actually say he wants to profit, though I'd agree that the use of phrases like 'advertising deal' and 'invest heavily' do suggest that.

I would rather the forum folded than turn commercial.

There is only one reason to 'invest heavily' and that is to make a profit.

Quite frankly I think it is a stupid idea and hope his quest fails.

Go and find somewhere else to leech.

Here is an idea. Why don't you set your own forum up?

Edit: Spelling Korrection ;)

If something happens we don't like we can always vote with our feet. I wonder though who owns things like the contents of the wiki and Black Hole's guides? Does posting these here amount to forfeiting authorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back