Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
but they are alternatives. if you use rs then you don't use rts and viceversa
NO NO NO

There is no RTS scheduling interface - you use the exisitng RS and Webif interfaces and if RTS is enabled on the machine it updates the schedule immediately* rather than at the next boot.

* with RS there is still the short delay until it resyncs

Last edited:
NJO NO NO

There is no RTS scheduling interface - you use the exisitng RS and Webif interfaces and if RTS is enabled on the machine it updates the schedule immediately rather than at the next boot.
I didn't think there was. if you click rts on you're using rts, if it's off you're using rs.

that's how I understood it to work. is that not so?

I didn't think there was. if you click rts on you're using rts, if it's off you're using rs.

that's how I understood it to work. is that not so?
No,
You use RS to schedule events via the remote server and to sync them back to the humax,

It is on the humax when processing requests whether from webif or RS that RTS schedules them immediately rather than queing for next boot.

So it is RS And RTS working together not RS Or RTS

but they are alternatives. if you use rs then you don't use rts and viceversa
Utter bollox. RS is the web system for managing a users HDR-FOX across the Internet. RTS is a facility running on the HDR-FOX which allows for schedule insertions without needing a reboot - that applies to any non-SUI schedule interaction (ie anything to do with the CF). You can enable RTS or not, whether you use RS or WebIF.

let's be clear as to what I meant to say:

I said rs and rts were alternatives in regards to setting recordings on the box.

if you use rs like me you don't use rts. clear now?

I said rs and rts were alternatives in regards to setting recordings on the box.
Wrong
if you use rs like me you don't use rts. clear now?
You can chose whether to use RTS or not. If you don't have RTS running then you have to reboot the box if you do any scheduling either by RS or Web IF.
You obviously either still don't understand or are trolling and I know it ain't the latter.

This what?
But if you use RS (or web IF) to schedule and don't run RTS, then you have to reboot the box.

You can chose to use RS with RTS or to use RS without RTS but it isn't a choice between RS and RTS, in both cases you are using RS.

This what?
But if you use RS (or web IF) to schedule and don't run RTS, then you have to reboot the box.
and that's fine by me. I normally have an average of at least five automatic reboots before the recording goes live.

If you have Real Time Scheduling (RTS) switched off (the default), then when you go into the WebIF EPG and select something for recording, a big message pops up saying a reboot is required. That's because the scheduling database can't be modified except at boot time. However, af123 worked out how to do it (with caveats), and with RTS switched on (as setting in WebIF - not a package) when you select something to record the message comes up "Recording scheduled successfully" instead of "please reboot". It's the caveats that have kept RTS designated a beta facility - otherwise it would be prime time for sure.

The same goes for Remote Scheduling (RS) - with RTS turned off, the rs package has to sync with the RS web service (every 10 minutes) and then the HDR has to be rebooted before the schedule becomes effective... but with RTS the reboot becomes unnecessary. RTS negates the need to reboot the HDR; it does not replace RS, it adds a helper facility to RS and WebIF scheduling.

and that's fine by me. I normally have an average of at least five automatic reboots before the recording goes live.
Well that's OK then. I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you want to set a last-minute recording with no means to reboot the HDR.

In case you are still in any doubt, RS and RTS are not alternatives. They do completely different things, and you can use them in combination as you like.

Last edited:
you seem to have forgotten my slingbox already.
'Course not. But I don't need a Slingbox to do the same. With a Slingbox, you don't need RS at all.

The point of all this is to educate you in what RTS does for you - you were, you have to admit, somewhat confused about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back