Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course! The magic incantation! I had forgotten about that. :thumbsup:

Edit: FFP + reboot brought back the RTS switch. Many thanks. I wonder what caused it.

Last edited:
It would seem to me that there's scope for a way of detecting broken packages automatically (and possibly also fixing them, but at least reporting them, maybe on the WebIf), to save all the hassle of doing it manually.
Then possibly knowing vaguely when something got broken might lead to a cause.

I had a runaway recording over the Christmas holiday. I do use RTS, but cannot be certain of the cause.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It is like asking does the webif still cause the humax to crash/freeze.

Runaway recordings can still occur but with a frequency far far less than the random hangs and crashes that we all have to live with.
What causes them is unknown.

If you are looking for a guarantee of perfect performance you are never going to receive one,

It's not quite right. I, with 100 %, never had a runaway recording.

Could it possibly be because I do not use RTS?
Obviously! Runaway recordings have only been reported since RTS, by RTS users, but not all RTS users have experienced them (including me). There is a correlation, but we do not know the causation.

I can't get RTS to work. Option is available & set to Yes.
And if i try to record something already started, which is supposed to work, I get "Error, cannot record programme which has already started showing or occured in the past". Suggests I somehow dont have the right software version installed. I have
Web interface version: 1.4.4-7
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13
rs.log says:
5000 !Error, cannot find event to schedule.
4999*Trying event at the same time on service 8325.
4998*Trying events at the original event time @8325
4997*LATEST: 1553558100, TIME: 1552837500
4996*Trying source service/event ID.
4995*Schedule 8325/15403/1/6/ITV2/1552837500/FYI Daily
4994Processing command 'schedule '

That's exactly the same on the box interface. You cannot set a recording event on a programme that has already started. You can only do an 'instant record' and miss the first bit. To see the start, you need catchup TV.

RTS has been shown to enable a programme that has already started to record via the WebIF EPG (from the current point of course), whereas that can't be done from the SUI EPG (the only option being to change channel and start an instant recording). My interpretation of DaveQ's post is that he can't get RTS to work at all, including the above.

It's even possible to schedule events which have already begun showing although the recording will only start from that point.

* The events do still go through the pending phase so there can be a delay of a few seconds.
** There's one exception to this which is that "Refresh" commands are held for the next boot.

To enable this facility:
  • Upgrade the webif package to version 1.3.2-1 (this will be automatic if you have the auto-update package installed);
  • Reboot;
  • Go to WebIF >> Settings >> Advanced Settings, set Real-time scheduling? = YES.

@DaveQ: Have you rebooted since installing RTS?

RTS has been shown to enable a programme that has already started to record via the WebIF EPG (from the current point of course), whereas that can't be done from the SUI EPG (the only option being to change channel and start an instant recording). My interpretation of DaveQ's post is that he can't get RTS to work at all, including the above.

@DaveQ: Have you rebooted since installing RTS?
Yes.

And if i try to record something already started, which is supposed to work, I get "Error, cannot record programme which has already started showing or occured in the past".
This sounds like RTS isn't installed.

If you schedule something in the future from WebIF EPG, with RTS running the box says something like "successfully scheduled", otherwise it gets added to the pending queue and an instruction to reboot gets displayed. The Schedule screen shows pending items at the top of the list. Try it, see which behaviour you get.

This sounds like RTS isn't installed.

If you schedule something in the future from WebIF EPG, with RTS running the box says something like "successfully scheduled", otherwise it gets added to the pending queue and an instruction to reboot gets displayed. The Schedule screen shows pending items at the top of the list. Try it, see which behaviour you get.
I have been using both rs and connected directly.
On rs I got and still have

Direct connection activity.log has

18/03/2019 17:50:39 - Scheduled Take Me Out @ 1552931400
But it wasnt recorded. And I dont think it appeared on the schedule list when I browsed on the TV/Humax itself

I have been using both rs and connected directly.
On rs I got and still have
View attachment 4002

Direct connection activity.log has

18/03/2019 17:50:39 - Scheduled Take Me Out @ 1552931400
But it wasnt recorded. And I dont think it appeared on the schedule list when I browsed on the TV/Humax itself
rs.log has
4990Already up-to-date.
4989 Updating...
4988Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
4987Already up-to-date.
4986Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
4985_Successfully scheduled event.
4984_Found event - Take Me Out
4983*Trying source service/event ID.
4982*Schedule 8325/11833/1/6/ITV2/1552931400/Take Me Out
4981Processing command 'schedule '

rs.log has
4990Already up-to-date.
4989Updating...
4988Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
4987Already up-to-date.
4986Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
4985_Successfully scheduled event.
4984_Found event - Take Me Out
4983*Trying source service/event ID.
4982*Schedule 8325/11833/1/6/ITV2/1552931400/Take Me Out
4981Processing command 'schedule '
I hope its nothing to do with the fact that DetectAds is running continuously, but failing because I dont have Content Sharing enabled (because that tends to crash the Humax i think due to DLNA conflicts with other devices on the network). I will try disabling detectads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back