Recommend Me a Router

if it shows no sign of recovering by itself
They rarely recover without manual intervention. Re-syncs don't happen when interference goes away or line conditions improve.
Sometimes the target SNR margin gets bumped up by the exchange equipment and requires intervention by your ISP to reset it (they hate it when you tell them this, and when you know more than they do).

Click the image to see the full size version????:eek: Why would I want to do that for an image that's too big to fit on my screen anyway, and posted by someone who is always first out of the trap when peeps could post in a code field, but don't.:frantic:

It would be nice to have a "small | medium | large" image insertion option, like some forums I could mention. Unfortunately the only options we have are the full size image (which is reduced to the user's browser width, if larger) or "thumbnail" (which doesn't cut it in this case). However, what I can do (now I'm on my PC), is reduce the resolution of the images and re-insert.

...but the router stats are OK. This is some kind of slow-down due to other factors (I ran the test again and got similar).

IMG_2428.jpg

Back to normal again.

I don't understand what a line reset can do when there are times it's working normally.

No Internet when I got going this morning, not just slow but non-existent. Router reported no connection. Rebooted the router, still no connection - until suddenly it sprang to life shortly thereafter, and SpeedSmart is reporting 2.39Mbps (along with more intrusive advertising than the app used to carry!).

You deffo seem to have a problem with your router/exchange line or they rebooted the exchange end?

I'm not blaming the router, this line has never been very good. I don't know enough about it to postulate whether the reboot somehow sparked the other end to life after a short delay or whether it is a coincidence. I'm not very keen on postulating coincidences.

Back