[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The remote scheduling was done Saturday morning, the programmes were 5.05pm News Saturday & Breakfast tv on Sunday morning both on BBC1. I have recording padded by 5 mins before and after each programme, is this the likely cause?

That could be relevant. I haven't personally tested with padding. It sounds like I need to.

The scheduling of Downton Abbey & Spooks was set for times completely different to when they are actually on, don't ask me why! I have deleted them, and set them again with the remote control for SDef whole series record. The schedule now has them at the right times. It didn't offer me the option of whole series record for Downton in HD which is what I wanted. TV signal is via Belmont Lincolnshire. I am now going to try remote scheduling of other programmes and set what happens.

Don't want to miss even 30 seconds of a programme. Have you never missed the start or finish of anything???
With AR? Nope. Programmes always seem to record starting with the ident so I only need to press mute for a few seconds to avoid being told everything that I'm about to see...

Don't want to miss even 30 seconds of a programme. Have you never missed the start or finish of anything???
Not with the HDR that I can recollect (except in the circumstance where there are recording conflicts and the start is delayed until a tuner is free but that will I think be the same with accurate recording or padding).

Using remote scheduling I have cancelled Downton SDef series record & added Downton HDef series record. The schedule now looks right, but I add it didn't give me the option with the remote control to set Downton HDef series record....

I have just started a remote schedule recording and only set it up 15 mins before programme start, but it only started recording just as the programme started (not with 5 min padding). I think it looks like the padding may be not be allowed for in remote scheduled recordings? Should I cancel the 5 min padding until you have investigated af123?

Would it be possible to post a timeline list to itemise what is needed to achieve a successful remote scheduled recording from scheduling the epg, through what reboots are necessary to the actual recording taking place, assuming the hummy is in standby from start to finish?

I have just started a remote schedule recording and only set it up 15 mins before programme start, but it only started recording just as the programme started (not with 5 min padding). I think it looks like the padding may be not be allowed for in remote scheduled recordings? Should I cancel the 5 min padding until you have investigated af123?

I think it's likely that the programme was actually recorded with AR. The portal currently schedules everything without padding so I need to look at how padding works and account for it. That way those who use padding will have things scheduled properly via the portal.

Would it be possible to post a timeline list to itemise what is needed to achieve a successful remote scheduled recording from scheduling the epg, through what reboots are necessary to the actual recording taking place, assuming the hummy is in standby from start to finish?

Yes, excellent idea, I'll knock up something tomorrow.

Using remote scheduling I have cancelled Downton SDef series record & added Downton HDef series record. The schedule now looks right, but I add it didn't give me the option with the remote control to set Downton HDef series record....

Your scheduled entry for Dowton Abbey doesn't look right at all. I just scheduled it for my device via the portal and it looks ok. That suggests that there is a problem with the EPG data on your box which is extremely odd. I don't know if it will record as it stands.

Having done some testing last night, the remote scheduling does not currently play nicely with padding.

It creates an Accurate Recording (AR) entry but because the box is configured to do padding it only wakes up as the recording is scheduled to start. In this case, there's a very good chance that the AR signal has already been sent so you end up with 'unable to track'. It seems to work ok if the box is already turned on though.

I have an update for the remote scheduling that supports devices in padding mode, I just need to do some more testing this evening before uploading it. For the moment, I would avoid using remote scheduling or disable padding on your Humax.

Bummer. Never tested for that! TBH, I have found that AR on the Hummy to be the most reliable of any box I have used. It is, of course, dependent on the broadcaster sending out the appropriate signals.

I have not missed a single recording since I bought the Hummy back in March. I do, however, only tend to use the BBC and ITV main stream channels.

That's a tempt of fate if ever I heard one.

I installed the RS feature yesterday on my HD box and have been trying it out. Firstly, I must just say how very impressed I am with the concept of its functionality and the look-and-feel of it. Great work, well done!

Mostly I have been able to successfully remotely schedule recordings (via RS), but the problem I seem to have is that the EPG on my HD box does not display fully 'locally' (via webif). I have gaps in the EPG displayed and the 800-range doesn't show, i.e. - it's just not fully populated compared with the display on the HD box via the remote. I receive broadcasts from multiple regions, hence the 800-range.

I RS'd a Channel 5 programme today, which it did, but it put in the schedule as 'Channel 5 on 839' (?!).

Any known issues with regard to non-fully populated EPG's and/or multiple regions? Should I manually retune the box again?

Having done some testing last night, the remote scheduling does not currently play nicely with padding.

It creates an Accurate Recording (AR) entry but because the box is configured to do padding it only wakes up as the recording is scheduled to start. In this case, there's a very good chance that the AR signal has already been sent so you end up with 'unable to track'. It seems to work ok if the box is already turned on though.

I have an update for the remote scheduling that supports devices in padding mode, I just need to do some more testing this evening before uploading it. For the moment, I would avoid using remote scheduling or disable padding on your Humax.

Thanx for that, last nights remotely scheduled Downton did record in HDef correctly, well it started 1 min before and ended 5 min after (96 min total record time) with 5 min before & after still in settings! I'll leave it alone for now and wait for your update I think. Thanx again.. The epg's are still different ie Humax box with no downton HDef whole series record option, and with the remote schedule epg offering it.

What is already recorded
Currently when we are remotely scheduling recordings we only know the amount in GBytes of already recorded programmes. Would it be possible to have a list of these programmes and the option to delete an individual item? I can for see may be running short of hard drive space and needing this facility.

I have a question - apologies if it's a bit stupid. On the wiki it says that scheduling multiple wakeups every day (in addition to the 4.30am default) is easier on the remote control / on-screen menu. I have set a couple via PC using the new Remote Scheduling website, so that's all great, but I cannot for the life of me see how to do it directly on the Humax...

I just updated the wiki wording a bit and added a screen shot - http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling#Frequency_of_wake-up

I was trying to come up with some kind of diagram to show the flow of events but haven't managed to visualise it yet. Here it is in words:
  • First you need to set something to record via the RS portal;
  • The Humax then has to check with the RS site to find the new programme. This occurs whenever it is booted (60 seconds after the network first comes up) and then about every 5 minutes thereafter as long as it is turned on;
  • The Humax then requires one further startup from standby for the event to move from the pending to live table.
So, if you were away from home and scheduled something, the Humax would have to startup, shutdown, startup for the event to move to the live table.

... the EPG on my HD box does not display fully 'locally' (via webif). I have gaps in the EPG displayed and the 800-range doesn't show

This should be better with webif 0.7.1 (just released).

I RS'd a Channel 5 programme today, which it did, but it put in the schedule as 'Channel 5 on 839' (?!).
Any known issues with regard to non-fully populated EPG's and/or multiple regions? Should I manually retune the box again?

Yes - regional EPG support is definitely a work in progress. The latest version of rs which I've just uploaded should improve things for you though. I've changed the order that it uses to find events and logical channel number (LCN) is now the first criterion.

Please upgrade and see if it solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back