[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to register through the settings menu it seems to be hanging on "registering"? I presume once it has worked it will change from "inactive" to something else and I should receive an email?
Is this tested and working on an HD (which is what I'm using!)

If it's hanging there then it is trying to contact the remote website. Other users have managed to get it going on the HD so it must be something else. It sounds like a networking problem, do things like iPlayer work for you?

Can we not replace the network driver or at least hack it to make it work with WOL?
Or have they limited it in the hardware?

I think, from what we saw before, the hardware doesn't support WoL.

I seem to remember a little challenge (way back) to make the smallest possible web server, and it was done using a PIC (microcontroller IC from Microchip) or something similar, no doubt connected straight to Ethernet. It shouldn't be all that difficult to knock up a PIC circuit to sit on the LAN and receive commands to an IP address, and pass them on to an IR emitter, very cheap. I've never dabbled with PICs (always had a mind to) so I would be slow starting and I have too many other things to do unfortunately.

Here's an idea (if anybody wants to take it up): use the aerial phantom power as the power supply for the IR repeater!

I've just added a Top 10 list to the home page showing the most popular upcoming recordings. Even found something to schedule for myself in there : )

It still looks much better in anything orther than IE, although IE9 is supposed to be a bit better (haven't tested).

Could we also have the number of scheduled recordings against each entry in the Top10 in brackets maybe? Purely out of interest in figures & stats.
Could you also add in a trash icon against all items in the Active list so its easier to maintain? :)

Also, I deleted the Auto-update schedule off my list last week, and its still not come back. When will this regenerate?

I really like what you have done so far :cool:

Could we also have the number of scheduled recordings against each entry in the Top10 in brackets maybe? Purely out of interest in figures & stats.

I could do - not sure about adding absolute numbers but I could add a percentage. For example, Doctor Who is currently in 59% of device schedules.

Could you also add in a trash icon against all items in the Active list so its easier to maintain? :)

Yes, I'll add the dustbin there too. Easier than clicking through and then doing 'Remove Event'.

Also, I deleted the Auto-update schedule off my list last week, and its still not come back. When will this regenerate?

Mine popped back within a couple of days..

The users are bucking the national trend as far as Spooks versus Downton Abbey is concerned : )

I've just added a Top 10 list to the home page showing the most popular upcoming recordings. Even found something to schedule for myself in there : )

It still looks much better in anything orther than IE, although IE9 is supposed to be a bit better (haven't tested).

Like the Top 10 list. :)

FYI: Changed my mind and went to delete the 'reboot if idle' event from the queued list (web site), and it hanged on the 'Are you Sure?/Delete' response button. (?)

I dont think any of us would mind, afterall it wouldnt give out anything to identify or shame anyone lol
True, but a percentage is probably more meaningful. At present there are 52 devices registered with the portal, 30 of them have Doctor Who scheduled hence the current 58%.

I set a wake timer via the website for 6.45am until 11.00 am. The Hummy actually came on at 5.45 and switched off at 10.00.

This is fixed now. Setting sleep/wake-up via the portal now takes account of BST.

I cant delete the Reboot if idle command from the queued commands list
The place where I work is stuck using IE7 if that makes a diff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back