[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a separate note. The schedule recording statistics gleaned from my Hummy aren't truly representative of what WE watch. I have a Topfield 5810 PVR and use that to record most of what SWMBO wants to watch. The disk is just filling up, recording more than she is watching before falling asleep, lol.

The Hummy is MY play thing so if I crash it or otherwise balls it up, she won't give me grief.

....I did find this amusing and have a similar situation:). My SWMBO has a Humax PVR9200T which is also filling up at a rate which is more than the viewing rate! :):)

The HD Hummy is mine to play around with as I wish - with impunity !! :D

Ref the reboot/standby issue I've not seen this and I'm still leaving mine on all the time so if it was coming up stuck in standby I'd see it straightaway. I haven't scheduled any power cycles 'cos I never know what time of day it's being watched at home and I don't want phone calls at work to tell me "the TV is broken" when it reboots.

So saying that then could the programmed power cycles be set to only process if the box is on standby? If the box is on at the time of the power down/up then I wouldn't need it to cycle.

As an aside and a bit of light relief, here's an anecdote in relation to RS.........

I was called to a neighbour's house the other evening, to fix their computer. Whilst there, I realised that I had not scheduled a recording of a programme that was on soon.

I knew my Hummy was on at home, so I used their broadband connection to Remotely Schedule the programme. I also knew that the TV was off - so there was not going to be a 'phone call from SWMBO to say that the TV was broken - coz it had gone off and back on again !

A little later I checked the status - and there it was being recorded - Wow!!

I was dead chuffed !! - and they, who looked on were gob-smacked !!! - and then a cry from them was heard - " I WANT ONE !!! "

For information, I am using Firefox and the same problem occurs when I try to delete a 'schedule' item in queued commands.

This should hopefully fixed for everyone now. The difference was that I have the Firebug plugin installed into my browser. Classic case of the problem being masked by the tool I was trying to use to find the problem!

I believe it's for all events. At least, mine is always set to 20 when I use it.

Yep - I can now confirm that changing the volume setting for the single timer event shown via the on-screen menu does indeed seem to set it for all on-off events set via the RS Portal, so my "low volume" bug is officially fixed!

Cheers.

Yep - I can now confirm that changing the volume setting for the single timer event shown via the on-screen menu does indeed seem to set it for all on-off events set via the RS Portal, so my "low volume" bug is officially fixed!

Excellent. There's a new bug that I found this morning with the extra sleep/wake timers. When they're first set they honour BST properly, but the next day they move to an hour earlier. I know how to fix it and will update the packages tonight.

The site is starting to look better in IE9 now too. I'm not intending to do much for older versions though.

On a separate note. The schedule recording statistics gleaned from my Hummy aren't truly representative of what WE watch. I have a Topfield 5810 PVR and use that to record most of what SWMBO wants to watch.

I'm finding them very useful because now that I don't watch adverts or trailers, I sometimes don't spot things coming up that I might want to watch. A quick glance down the top 10 and I've booked The Fades and Fresh Meat : )

@af123.
Ah. I noticed that when I first set them, but I discounted it as 'another Wallace input failure'. Lol.

Sorry, I didn't highlight it to you at the time.

I'm finding them very useful because now that I don't watch adverts or trailers, I sometimes don't spot things coming up that I might want to watch. A quick glance down the top 10 and I've booked The Fades and Fresh Meat : )
How often is the Top 10/30 updated.

Are we any nearer to being able to choose which channels appear in our own EPG, as there is no point in having any that are not tuned into our own box.

Hi, Can now confirm that padded recordings record accurately by (wireless) remote scheduling. The bit about rebooting at various times is all that is needed to ensure rs is made active. I have 2 set, at times when I'm unlikely to be recording namely 1400 & 1800 hrs. Anybody else interested in being able to view/delete items already recorded (mistakes could then be rectified remotely) and hard disk space optimised.

A great facility on my Topfield, is the recycle bin. It works like the bin in windows. It gives you a chance of recovering from deleting something you shouldn't have.

However, it is not a native Topfield facility but part of the MyStuff TAP written by enthusiasts.

I don't think it can be implemented on the Hummy. But I would love to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back