[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my its rebooted now and not come back up.
Will check when I get home and report back.

Does anyone else ever have that issue where instead of a reboot, it stays in standby?

I'm liking the top 30 recordings list. I realise now that the af bit of af123 must stand for Alan Freeman as in Alan fluff Freeman pick of the pops take 2. Alright? Not arf!!!

That's not happened to me, but the other day when I came home and pressed the standby button to turn the Hummy on, it didn't go through the usual 'Start System' routine. It simply came on with BBC One.

I have a wake/sleep timer set via the RS fro 14:00 - 14:15 daily.

I thought it was strange, but the box was working perfectly and has continued to do so. It has not happened again.

On a separate note. The schedule recording statistics gleaned from my Hummy aren't truly representative of what WE watch. I have a Topfield 5810 PVR and use that to record most of what SWMBO wants to watch. The disk is just filling up, recording more than she is watching before falling asleep, lol.

The Hummy is MY play thing so if I crash it or otherwise balls it up, she won't give me grief.

I think I might have found a slight bug/issue:

Since I used the Remote Scheduling Portal, I started to get complaints (!) that whenever the Humax was turned on, the volume of the Humax was turned down to 50%. We normally have it at 100% and just control volume via the TV.
Anyway, I had set a couple of turn on and off again events daily via the Portal, to allow it to pick up remote scheduling, and I suspect that had somehow set the auto volume to 50%.

I went into the on-screen Settings/Timer menu using the remote and sure enough the volume was at 50%, so I changed it to 100%.

However, the RS Portal allows you to set multiple on-offs, whereas the on-screen menu only allows a single one, so I don't know whether I have edited the volume level for all events, or only that particular one.

I'll find out in 24 hours or so!

It's not a huge issue, but it is a bit of a pain. I wonder whether anyone else has noticed it?

Cheers

I had a similar issue if I read you correctly except my volume kept reverting to zero. It turne out to be that I had set a wake/sleep timer via the Humax main menu, NOT RS, as well as setting the wake/sleep times and the start-up channel, you also have to set the volume level. In my case it defaulted to zero.

The upshot was I would use the Hummy fine at nigh and switch it off when I went to bed. The next evening after the wake/sleep timer had 'done it's stuff', I would turn on the box as usual but the volume would be at zero. This was because of the setting in the Humax menu.

HTH.

However, the RS Portal allows you to set multiple on-offs, whereas the on-screen menu only allows a single one, so I don't know whether I have edited the volume level for all events, or only that particular one.

I believe it's for all events. At least, mine is always set to 20 when I use it.

Interesting - I can, but using Firefox. I'll do some more testing.

For information, I am using Firefox and the same problem occurs when I try to delete a 'schedule' item in queued commands.

Strange, I'm using Firefox and can't delete the 'reboot if idle' or 'schedule' queued commands. Not had any trouble elsewhere (the 'cancel button' is accepted).

If it's hanging there then it is trying to contact the remote website. Other users have managed to get it going on the HD so it must be something else. It sounds like a networking problem, do things like iPlayer work for you?

I've tried a few different things now - connects to iplayer and youtube fine. I've retried the firmware upgrade and I've tried accessing the web interface through different browsers and OSes.

Still hanging on registering... :(
It also seems to hang on sending test emails for epgkeywords too?

I've tried a few different things now - connects to iplayer and youtube fine. I've retried the firmware upgrade and I've tried accessing the web interface through different browsers and OSes.

Still hanging on registering... :(
It also seems to hang on sending test emails for epgkeywords too?

You can try registering from the command line if you're happy using that.

Code:
humax# rs register my@email.address

Thanks for the super fast reply! Command line seems to have worked.
I guess there must be something funny with my web interface!?

Thanks for the super fast reply! Command line seems to have worked.
I guess there must be something funny with my web interface!?

I suppose so. You could try clearing your browser cache but I can't think what else to try.

Edit: Ignore that - you have tried different browsers..

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the web interface?

I've got my box stuck in standby again following the reboot command :(
Any advice on whats going wrong af123?

Sorry, no. To be honest I haven't used the reboot command much as I'm usually scheduling things a couple of days in advance and I let things take their course.

I'll do some more intensive testing with my box. Has anyone else seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back