[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Thanks af - I've just checked and the box is already at 1.0.3-1 so I guess it must have just updated itself. My test series search has only put one entry in the schedule so maybe this was just an unfortunate clash. I'll see how it goes from now on.

RS 1.0.3-1 was only made available for download about 13 hours ago (I guess af123 generated it to fix your problem) so your Humax probably auto loaded at first switch on ie. 4:30am, it could be the reason your Humax is now behaving itself

Could I make a suggestion?

I now have two HDR's registered with the RS Portal. Would it be possible rather than selecting the individual HDR by it's MAC address, to be able to name them with something more memorable? IE: Hummy [Green], Hummy [Orange]? Obviously a user definable description.

Not many of us out here with multiple Hummy's so I understand if its 'too much pain for too little gain'.

Thanks.

I have three HDR's and one HD registered, and I already select them by their names rather than their MAC address. The name is displayed to the left of the MAC address on the drop down box, I have mine named humax0, humax1, humax2, & humax3. Perhaps it would be a useful enhancement if the MAC address was not displayed in this drop down box, then perhaps this space could be allocated for a user customisable name.

My drop down selection box just says 'Humax xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' or 'Humax yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy'

How have you managed to call yours humax0, 1 etc?

Oh, hang on, I remember you can change the name in the WebIf settings page. I have left mine both at Humax. Is that where you have changed their names?

Still, a more 'user friendly' option would be appreciated ;)

If you change the name of the Humax through the webif settings then RS will pick that up at some point. That's fairly user friendly since most people with more than one box will choose to name them differently just to avoid confusion with the webif or at the command prompt.

I don't mind changing RS to let you replace the MAC address with a label though as it should be a fairly quick thing to do.

How have you managed to call yours humax0, 1 etc?

Oh, hang on, I remember you can change the name in the WebIf settings page. I have left mine both at Humax. Is that where you have changed their names?
Yes, that is how I have renamed mine.:)
I don't mind changing RS to let you replace the MAC address with a label though as it should be a fairly quick thing to do.
That would be much appreciated thank you. Would it also be possible to be able to change the order that they appear in the drop down list? mine are currently arranged 1,0,2,3. I would prefer them to be 0,1,2,3.:)

The first bit (description to replace MAC address) is done. New box against each device on the settings page.

Next question...

Would it be possible to set the order that they appear in the drop down list? IE. Set a default.

The first bit (description to replace MAC address) is done. New box against each device on the settings page.
Thanks, that's great. Although this now means that the part before the MAC address is no longer needed, so perhaps this could be removed altogether, and just use the user defined description.:)

You can now set an order against each device. Lower numbers appear first in the dropdown list.

Pretty crude mechanism but should do the job. Settings screen should show them in the preferred order now too.

Thanks, that's great. Although this now means that the part before the MAC address is no longer needed, so perhaps this could be removed altogether, and just use the user defined description.:)
af123, would it be possible to do the above?
hummypkg.org.uk Remote Scheduling.png
In the example shown above, "humax0" is the name shown in web interface, and "HD" is the model identifier, and the "-" are presumably added as separators. Could these be removed from the Device: drop down box, leaving only the user defined description?

I have changed my description in RS Settings, but I'm still getting the MAC address displayed on the Home page rather than 'My-Humax', What kicks off the change, I've tried rs/push, chanpush, diskpush and 3 re-boots

zzz.png

Back