[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Yes, If I exit the RS Scheduler server and the log back in, it still shows Description = 'My-Humax' so I think it has saved. The RS Scheduler hasn't sent any new scheduling info. to the Humax since the change, I could try that

I have just tried renaming one of mine, clicked "Save", then refreshed the page and the name had been changed. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Clearing cache had no affect, I even tried the RS server on a Chrome Browser that I don't think I have ever used before but I still get a MAC address rather than a name. The obvious difference between your set up and mine (apart from you have a HD and I have a HDR) is that you have multiple Humaxs so you have the 'selection down arrow' next to the 'Device' icon. I'm wondering if this is only implemented for multiple Humaxs / MAC addresses / Description names

Sorry I can't be of much help. I have two HDR's registered with the RS service. I gave then each a unique description, Humax [Green] and Humax [Orange]. I also altered the order that they were displayed in the drop down menu. Giving Orange a lower number than the Green unit, 1 & 2 respectfully. Hit the save button. I cant remember whether I logged out of the RS Service completely, I think I did , but I did close my browser (Chrome). When I logged back in, everything was as expected. Neither MAC address is displayed in the drop down box. It just displays 'Humax - HDR- Hummy [Orange]' etc...

Try now - it was only implemented for people with multiple devices as you suspected.

I have just tried another rename of an HDR using my iPad, and this worked in the same way as I described in #263. So I'm not sure why it isn't working for you Ezra, perhaps af123 can say whether this will only work if you have more than one device registered.

Edit: I have just seen af123's reply above, which clarifies the matter.:)

Ah. Didn't know that it was implemented for a select few :p .

I'm glad its sorted for you, and everyone else, for that matter. :):)

af123, would it be possible to do the above?
In the example shown above, "humax0" is the name shown in web interface, and "HD" is the model identifier, and the "-" are presumably added as separators. Could these be removed from the Device: drop down box, leaving only the user defined description?
It would be possible, but I like to see the hostname and model.. could make it an option I suppose. I tell you what, if you prefix the description with a ! character then I'll make it hide the rest of the other information (and not show the !). I'll implement that later on.

Thanks for doing this for me, hopefully some other users will also benefit from this added customisability.:)

I've been increasingly unhappy with the performance of the remote scheduling portal of late and have been working behind the scenes with the hosting provider on various updates. They have gone live today so performance should be noticeably improved!

The main issue is that there are now 1541 Humax boxes linked to it and they create quite a load, particularly in the evening when the majority are turned on and checking in at least every 10 minutes. To overcome that the RS service is now spread across several servers and the load is balanced across them by region. For me, the now/next programme grid comes up pretty much instantly now.

There's also a new shorter domain name that you can use - http://rs.hpkg.tv/
(the old http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/ isn't going away though)

I am also going to work on updating various screens to make them more dynamic and reduce the number of whole page refreshes that occur.

Just tested it on my phone & loading was much faster, many thanks for all your work on this.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Wow. What a difference! It's sooooopa fast.

Is it anything to do with the small donation I made on the 31st August? Lol

Back