[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

I suspect that this will be for Red/Green 3D specs. (No 3D TV required), rather than side by side 3D i.e. the old way of doing it

Maybe. Either that, or it is the Sky HD description, which they forgot to edit.

Jelly Jamm is a 3D CG animated series aimed at young children aged 4-7.
I don't think that it will be a 3D broadcast, 3D CGI is just a type of animation.

I don't think that it will be a 3D broadcast, 3D CGI is just a type of animation.
I think your right, so it won't even be the Red / Green 3D imaging, just shaded graphics rather than flat, like the Simpsons. 3D computer animation info. HERE

I think your right, so it won't even be the Red / Green 3D imaging, just shaded graphics rather than flat, like the Simpsons. 3D computer animation info. HERE

I am getting more spurious 3D messages, including a 3D cake, so I am removing 3D from my search. I reckon the broadcasters are on to us!

If you are using the Type = E-mail option rather than Type = schedule in RS Auto, at least you get the option accept or reject recordings rather than filling up your hard disk with unwanted stuff

If you are using the Type = E-mail option rather than Type = schedule in RS Auto, at least you get the option accept or reject recordings rather than filling up your hard disk with unwanted stuff

I am, it's just that the emails about 3D aren't that useful any more.

It seems like the auto schedule emails have stopped working for me at the moment - anybody else?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I had one this morning. I can check if one was sent to you if you can post the unique ID that seas has assigned to your box.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Box identifier is e636

I've got an Auto Schedule rule that emails me newish movies. Usually get an email every day - I'll have to check when I last had one.

EDIT : last email was on Saturday - but that was from another auto Schedule entry. Looks like its just my movie emails that aren't coming through....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

It seems that the film searches like +(2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013) have stopped working. I'll investigate!

Got an E-Mail at 9:00am containing 21 +( 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013) notifications, I though it had gone a bit quite - Thanks

I seem to be getting two entries in the schedule for series that have been set by the auto search. Latest example is 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown:

Capture1.JPG

I'm also seeing it on the box itself, and it does definitely seem to be in there twice according to the raw DB view

Capture2.JPG

and the log shows it being added twice (I think)

Capture3.JPG

For this particular prog, I did have two searches - on for "8 out of 10 cats does countdown" and one for "Eight out of ten cats does countdown" but surely that second one wouldn't have caused this?

A search for +"Eight out of ten cats does countdown" wouldn't have found anything, but a search for Eight out of ten cats does countdown (without the quotes) will find a match for individual words in an EPG search, however in an RS Auto search the quotes are automatically added, so I don't think that is you problem. You can try out each RS Auto entry to see what it finds with the show matching events option i.e.

show-matching-events.png

The 'Show Matching Events' only finds the one entry (I'm restricting it to a Friday on C4HD).

I'll try setting an auto search for another series for tomorrow and see what happens when it runs.

Do you by any chance have more than one line in your cron file for the rs_process task? You can quickly view the cron file by going to Diagnostics->File Editor then clicking on the /mod/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root line in the quick edit box.

No, it only seems to have one entry

Fair enough - I can't explain the behaviour then unless your box happened to wake up and run the wakeup process at exactly the same time as the one kicked off from cron. The one from cron has a random delay in it so the chances are slim.

If you upgrade to rs 1.0.3-1 then it uses a lock to ensure that only one copy runs at once. That should hopefully sort it.

Back