[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Correct, it comes out of af123's pocket (and the forum hosting comes out of Michael's pocket). Hence the "donation" buttons on the forum main page and the RS home page.

People who find this stuff valuable to them should make a periodical contribution.

I can't find the donation button for af123 for the remote scheduling. Where is this "RS home page" of which you speak?

Scan down on your main RS login page - the PayPal donate button comes below your schedule listing.

Scan down on your main RS login page - the PayPal donate button comes below your schedule listing.

Ah, I haven't actually installed the RS package yet. Login page expects a password and I don't have one. I guess I'd better install the package.

When does it check in with the server? Any time the box comes out of standby eg. 04:20 to 04:40 remimderm(to block OTA), afternoon power on timer to update EPG for padding etc, power om for recordings, do all of these count as checks with the server for new remote scheduled items? I've tried to read the documentation but there's a lot of it.

I'm trying to login to https://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/ but it only seems to want to connect with http ie. not using SSL. This means the username and password can be snooped on the network backbone, making the thing insecure and meaning I need a unique password for this service. Is this intentional or is the https connection broken at the moment?

Remote scheduling portal can see my HDR Fox T2 registered, but is still saying my device has not uploaded initial data. I can't see the EPG or any recordings. How long does this initial upload take, or do I need to do something on the HDR Fox T2 to kick it off? I've power cycled the Humax three times (once after RS package install, once after registering it, finally after loggin in to RS portal) to no avail.

Reading the wiki I typed the two obvious commands but the Humax seems to think the schedule is already synced:

owenhdrfoxt2# rs push
Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
owenhdrfoxt2# /mod/sbin/rs_process now
owenhdrfoxt2#

It's probably worth trying them all, full list here :-
  • rs/chanpush = Initiates an instant send of channel information to Remote Scheduling server
  • rs/checkin = force a Remote Scedule update with :- /mod/sbin/rs_process now
  • rs/muxdump = runs /mod/bin/rs epg
  • rs/push = sends TBL_RESERVATION schedule and pending schedule data to RS Server
  • rs/sync = clear the local state cache and synchronise everything

• rs/chanpush = Initiates an instant send of channel information to Remote Scheduling server
  • rs/push = sends TBL_RESERVATION schedule and pending schedule data to RS Server

Most of those don't appear to be valid commans. eg. if I type "rs sync" I get the following:

owenhdrfoxt2# rs sync
Humax Remote Scheduling Tool v1.0.7, by af123, 2011-2013.
Syntax: rs [options] <command>...
Options:
-d[level] Set debug level.
-D<seconds> Sleep for random(seconds).
-h Show help text.
-i Show detected machine info.
-q Be more quiet.
Commands:
register <email> Register this device.
push Push scheduled events.
cmd Retrieve next queued command.
ack <id> Acknowledge command <id>.
status Show device registration status.
log <msg> Send log message to server.
epg Distributed EPG management.
owenhdrfoxt2#

and "rs/sync" (not sure why you posted that but I tried it anyway) says:

owenhdrfoxt2# rs/sync
/bin/sh: rs/sync: not found
owenhdrfoxt2#

These commands are to be sent from the Web-If >> Diagnostics >>[general] >> Run Diagnostic screen, you replace the word general with your command e.g. rs/sync. You can send them from the command line with :-
Code:
humax# diag rs/sync

These commands are to be sent from the Web-If >> Diagnostics >>[general] >> Run Diagnostic screen, you replace the word General with your command e.g. rs/sync

Ah, sorry, I did say I was telnet'd in earlier so I assumed these were more commands for telnet.

Argh and now the box needs a reboot AGAIN, the webif keeps crashing on me and not responding until I reboot the box. It's been like this with every version of CF I've used, maybe it doesn't like IE8. I'll try the commands in a minute when I've been downstairs and back.

Run as diagnostics some of those commands at least appeared to do something. However I now cannot get back into http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/, it seems to be very flaky. Maybe it's IPv6 doesn't work very well? Unfortunately I have no way to force an IPv4 connection other than disable IPv6 on my laptop which I really don't want to do.

OK I've got my EPG and schedule of recordings now in the RS portal. How can I be sure it'll stay working like this though? I'm a bit nervous that it had to be manually prodded.

I have set a Radio 3 recording at 12:00 tomorrow on the RS portal as a test. Given my box is on at the moment, when I put it into standby tonight and it then comes on at 04:20 to 04:40 tomorrow with a reminder to prevent OTA, as I understand it that should be enough to get this to record. Is this understanding correct?

Owen, none of the images in your post #397 are visible. If you want to post any images, you need to use the "Upload a File" button.

Edit: I have removed the broken images from your post

Owen, none of the images in your post #397 are visible. If you want to post any images, you need to use the "Upload a File" button.

Thanks, but I don't think it matters in this case. It still shows the "wake-up" entry appearing only once and the "sleep" entry appearing twice in the Active recordings list on the RS portal.

I'm trying to login to https://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/ but it only seems to want to connect with http ie. not using SSL.
Yes, just like this forum. SSL could be enabled but is the data important enough to justify the cost? Regardless of encryption you should use dedicated credentials for each site unless you explicitly trust the administrators. RS doesn't store credentials in the clear but you only have my word for that.

Your Humax will be communicating with the server over IPv4 but the site's IPv6 always works for me from the web browser.

Back