[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

I'm trying to set recoding using the iPhone version but keep getting an error message stating the programme is already showing.

However if I use use the full web version the event gets queued successfully.

I want to use Reminders on programs so that I can play the program audio via the phono outlet while I'm away from home. Programs that are recording do not put audio to the phono outlet. It appears that a reminder has to be set for each program which will be labourious. Is it possible for the rs to apply a series link to reminders? If it's not possible, I'll just have to schedule switch on / sleep times and leave it on the power-on channel.

It's probably possible to set-up a 'Set Reminder Series" in the RS but it isn't available in the Web-If or official (Humax) TV EPG either. Recording from standby won't output Video or Audio (although it has been known to wrongly output a change of state on SCART). It is possible to manually set a repeating reminder from the TV EPG with Guide >> Schedule (Yellow) >> New Reservation >> Repeat >> Daily, Weekly, Weekdays or Weekends

Is it possible for the rs to apply a series link to reminders?
The RS Auto facility does not currently offer "reminder" scheduling, although I suspect it could if there was a demand. The HD/HDR-FOX does not offer to series-link reminders, so the RS facility couldn't either... but it could trigger repeating reminder events every time a name match was detected in the EPG (an alternative to series linking that is sometimes more reliable than series linking).

However, as said, until the RS is extended to include a reminder option, the only alternative is to set a regular manual reminder schedule based on time of day and repetitions.

I set the power-on channel to ITV yesterday in the Web-if
1.png
and today I set a timer on the HDR for 0600-0605 channel ITV, and on the remote scheduler I set a wake up / sleep for 1830-2300 (no channel option).
The rs showed the timers with the 1830 wake up on channel BBC1 and the 0600 wake up on ITV
2.png
The HDR was on standby prior to 1830 and the last channel was BBC2. It woke up on BBC1 and the next 1830 wake up is also on BBC1
3.png

Can anyone explain why a scheduled wake up set up in the rs does not use the power-on channel

A scheduled wake-up will use the channel set in the on-TV menus at Settings>>Preferences>>Time>>Channel.

A scheduled wake-up will use the channel set in the on-TV menus at Settings>>Preferences>>Time>>Channel.

The poc is set to ITV, the on-TV menus at Settings>>Preferences>>Time>>Channel is set to ITV, the scheduled wake-up wakes up to BBC1

Constant reminder emails about historical failed scheduling

(I presume new posts about RS go in this thread rather than staring a new one.) Firstly, many thanks for this excellent service, it's extremely useful. Now, a complaint :) I had a Series Link set a couple of weeks ago (via RS) to record Cbeebies Stargazing. It was only on for a week, so after the last recording I deleted the series link. But every single day since then - including today - I get an email warning of a failed recording for the episode on Friday 9th January!

I can't find any reference at all to CBeebies Stargazing in the Scheduled Events, or Automatic Scheduling list. The log file seems to show that it recorded the programs OK, but no reference to it after 13th Jan when I cancelled the Series Link. Is there anything I can do to somehow reset this warning?

Device ID is 01898b1862.

Do you still have the 9th Jan recording on your box? If you do, have you watched it to see if it is OK? A failed recording will often play, but may have the start missing due to a clash with another timer. A stray HMT file may also be picked up as a failed recording.

Do you still have the 9th Jan recording on your box?
Unfortunately not - I archived the whole series off to my NAS soon after it finished. I believe it recorded OK, but perhaps the fact that it's not on the box is the problem.

The odd thing (to me) is the fact that it keeps informing me every day, not just once.

The odd thing (to me) is the fact that it keeps informing me every day, not just once.
That would suggest there may still be a stray HMT file remaining on your box.
Perhaps af123 may have an idea what is causing it.

Could I make a feature request for RS? I think I've said before that I more or less exclusively manage timers and content on my box via RS, so I tend to delete recordings that way as well. I tend to record everything I'm going to watch, and then delete it, unwatched, if I have watched it live. However, doing it this way seems to cause the unwatched counter to get out of step:

Capture.JPG

Would it be possible to make RS update the unwatched counter when a recording is deleted this way, or if not, have the option that we have on Webif to reset the unwatched counter?

Thanks

Would it be possible to make RS update the unwatched counter when a recording is deleted this way, or if not, have the option that we have on Webif to reset the unwatched counter?
Fixed in version 1.0.6-1.

I have the following tonight:
E4: 19.30 to 20.00
ITVhd: 19.30 to 22.00?
E4: 20.00 to 20.30

My rs says there's a conflict.??

Is there a specific place on the Wiki or forum where I can find a changelog of what's been updated in a package?

It would be good when updating via the WebIF if there were some release notes next to the package.

Back