[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Auto Feature Request:

Is it possible to have a column where a date can be shown for the last time the Name or Synopsis was matched with anything on the EPG.

So where does the remote scheduling server live? Data Centre or at someone's house over ADSL? I'm just wondering what the reliability is. I'm sick of the HDMI software being broken on my YouView DTR-T1000 and want to switch remote scheduled recordings to the HDR Fox T2 leaving the YouView for only ITV Player, 4OD, Demand 5 etc. and Internet channels (which will mean it gets used maybe twice a year at current rates).

A quick search of rs.hummypkg.org.uk reveals this, so I would say data centre :-

Hostname: rs.hummypkg.org.uk
IP Address: 89.248.55.76
Host of this IP: hosting.citrus-it.net
Organization: Node4 Limited
ISP: Node4 Limited
City: London
gb.gif

State: London, City of
Timezone: Europe/London
Local Time: 06.02.2014 14:25:59

Someone must be paying for that.
Correct, it comes out of af123's pocket (and the forum hosting comes out of Michael's pocket). Hence the "donation" buttons on the forum main page and the RS home page.

People who find this stuff valuable to them should make a periodical contribution.

Correct, it comes out of af123's pocket (and the forum hosting comes out of Michael's pocket). Hence the "donation" buttons on the forum main page and the RS home page.

People who find this stuff valuable to them should make a periodical contribution.

That's why I asked if someone was paying for it. If I use the remote scheduling software I will donate.

I suddenly have a problem scheduling series links from RS. This morning, I set a few new series to record from RS. After my box's automatic power up/down during the day, I powered it up and checked the schedule on it to see if all was ok, and the new series have come down as just single-instance recordings, ie no series link. Thinking it may have been me, I deleted them and then reset them again from RS (definitely clicking Record Series) - but again after a couple of reboots they are showing on the Humax as one-off events.

Nothing untoward in my rs log:

Code:
Processing command 'schedule '
*Schedule 17604/32486/2/103/ITV HD/1393095600/Saturday Night Takeaway
*Trying source service/event ID.
_Found event - Saturday Night Takeaway
_Successfully scheduled event.
*Schedule 17540/42119/2/101/BBC ONE HD/1393275600/Silk
_Found event - Silk
*Schedule 17920/43268/2/105/BBC THREE HD/1393365600/New: Pramface
_Found event - New: Pramface
*Schedule 17540/42152/2/101/BBC ONE HD/1393621200/Jonathan Creek
_Found event - Jonathan Creek
Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Updating...
Already up-to-date.

I suddenly have a problem scheduling series links from RS. This morning, I set a few new series to record from RS. After my box's automatic power up/down during the day, I powered it up and checked the schedule on it to see if all was ok, and the new series have come down as just single-instance recordings, ie no series link. Thinking it may have been me, I deleted them and then reset them again from RS (definitely clicking Record Series) - but again after a couple of reboots they are showing on the Humax as one-off events.

Is no one else seeing this? Just tried to schedule another series as a test and again it shows up on the Hummy as a single event. Definitely something broken somewhere...

Funny you should say that - I have set a couple of series recently, one via the guide on Quest and one via a search pattern on BBC One, neither seems to have been set as a series. I thought the Quest one might be because they don't do series link properly (though Mythbusters seems to be recording as a series just fine) but that doesn't explain the BBC prog (Jonathon Creek on Friday). I was planning to go in via the normal interface and schedule them manually tonight.

Yes. It's happened to me today. I used RS to set a SERIES RECORD of Great Continental Railway Journey on BBC Two.

I have just tried to find it in my MyVideo folder only to discover it has been filed by sweeper into my MISC folder instead of it's own folder as would be the norm for a series recording. I have also noticed that the entry in the schedule recordings list has gone. Again a symptom of a SINGLE one-off recording rather than a SERIES recording, which would obviously show the next recording date (if within the current EPG timescale).

It's a recently introduced bug in the web interface. Fixed in webif 1.0.9-5, thanks for the reports!

The RS website is newly informing me that 'Action required if you don't want to lose your custom firmware overnight Wed/Thur! Visit hummy.tv for details.' What is this about, anyone?

The RS website is newly informing me that 'Action required if you don't want to lose your custom firmware overnight Wed/Thur! Visit hummy.tv for details.' What is this about, anyone?
For the first time in ages Humax are releasing a new software version 1.03.12 OTA. See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-firmware-version-1-03-12-for-hdr-fox-t2.4675/ Because there is no download available there is no certainty that a custom firmware version can be produced to match it (although there is no reason to believe it can't).

For the first time in ages Humax are releasing a new software version 1.03.12 OTA. See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-firmware-version-1-03-12-for-hdr-fox-t2.4675/ Because there is no download available there is no certainty that a custom firmware version can be produced to match it (although there is no reason to believe it can't).
'Appreciate the reply. Perhaps the warning text could be amended to the more informative 'An OTA up-date scheduled for Thursday morning is incompatible with current CF and should be avoided'.

Back