1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by af123, Mar 23, 2013.

1. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

That should be fine now too as I dropped the index threshold to two characters.
    I just tried a search in RS for +qi +xl and it worked fine.

sceptic and hairy_mutley like this.
  2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Yowzer!

3. antipodean

antipodean Member

Had a funny with RS tonight. It could find some programs but not others when trying to set up the weeks recording. The programs appear in the rs epg and the couple I checked were also on the hummy epg.

Unique identifier f278032130

As an improvement to the rs error message, could it please also report the program it can't find so one can at least work out which one of several one needs to remedy. Be much appreciated and a hel[p when having to use the remote to set it up instead of using rs.

4. Luke

Luke Well-Knwon Member

On the advanced rule page what does "Stop processing rules" mean?

Yesterday to help understand what it means I added two new simple advanced rules which in isolation both have a match. The email sent was for only 1 rule match despite both rules having a match and the rules being new yesterday.
    It was the second rule match that was the one in the email.

upload_2017-8-6_11-53-33.png
    BTW the series for the first rule ends tomorrow.

5. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

Means what it says. So in the case above, say the Event Title = "invention warehouse". Rule 1 matches, so it emails a matched series and exits. If the Event Title was just "warehouse", so the "if" in Rule 1 doesn't match, the "otherwise" action is processed (maybe it should read "else" to correspond with an if-then-else construct). Rule 2 then matches and the "then" action is processed.

However, for a series alert, only one email will be sent for any particular series, so if it is the same series that matches both rules you would only get one email anyway.

6. Luke

Luke Well-Knwon Member

That would mean that the standard rules and the advanced rules work very differently.

On the standard rule set each entry is independent of the others and if a series is identified then other series satisfying any of the rules are still identified - the processing of rules does not stop. What does stop is the processing of that event. But from what you are saying all the advanced rules are dependant on non matching of the rules so far otherwise the processing of rules will stop. That means that on the advanced rules it is one big rule for the email and searches for different series have to be combined otherwise it will only find at most one.

It also means that something went wrong on the first run with those two test rules, as it reported on the warehouse series but not the invention series.

I was hoping that what it really meant was 'Stop processing event' but even then that wouldn't account for it reporting on just the warehouse series but not the invention series as well.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

The advanced rules are based on sweeper.

8. neilleeds

neilleeds Member

Hi, I've been trying to alter my rs email address through the Humax local web interface. It's half worked because i'm getting alerts to my new email address now but i'm unable to log in with the new email address, logging in with the old one gives a logged in but empty interface and when I try a "reset password" I don't receive an email with reset details. Any ideas? Thanks

UPDATE
    Issue now resolved, the problem was the password reset emails not being sent out as per https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/registering-with-rs-hpkg-tv.8063/

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  9. prpr

prpr Well-Known Member

I've just found the need to be able to copy Auto rules from one device to another on RS.
    I thought there might an easy way to do this, but there wasn't, so I had to do it the harder way, by copying and pasting the rule title/text.
    It'd be nice if this could be made easier.

10. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Monk

As regular readers will know, I have three HDR-FOXes on active service and connected to my RS account.

When I receive an email resulting from a persistent EPG search, the subject line tells me what machine I have set the search for, but if I click the link in the email to take me to the search results on the RS site it is not necessarily for the right machine. I think the loaded machine is the last one I happened to be looking at on RS.

It's only a refinement, but clearly it would be neater to have something in the email link to tell RS to switch to the machine for which the search was set.