[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Yowzer!
BBC FOUR
[Sun, 09 Jul 2017 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:30]
New: The Sky at Night
Into the Dark Zone: The team looks at the trans-Neptunian objects - a vast number of strange, dark, icy worlds - which played a crucial role in the evolution of our solar system. Also in HD.
= Scheduled successfully (event). (+sky +night / ) =

Had a funny with RS tonight. It could find some programs but not others when trying to set up the weeks recording. The programs appear in the rs epg and the couple I checked were also on the hummy epg.

Unique identifier f278032130

As an improvement to the rs error message, could it please also report the program it can't find so one can at least work out which one of several one needs to remedy. Be much appreciated and a hel[p when having to use the remote to set it up instead of using rs.

On the advanced rule page what does "Stop processing rules" mean?

Yesterday to help understand what it means I added two new simple advanced rules which in isolation both have a match. The email sent was for only 1 rule match despite both rules having a match and the rules being new yesterday.
It was the second rule match that was the one in the email.

upload_2017-8-6_11-53-33.png
BTW the series for the first rule ends tomorrow.

Means what it says. So in the case above, say the Event Title = "invention warehouse". Rule 1 matches, so it emails a matched series and exits. If the Event Title was just "warehouse", so the "if" in Rule 1 doesn't match, the "otherwise" action is processed (maybe it should read "else" to correspond with an if-then-else construct). Rule 2 then matches and the "then" action is processed.

However, for a series alert, only one email will be sent for any particular series, so if it is the same series that matches both rules you would only get one email anyway.

That would mean that the standard rules and the advanced rules work very differently.

On the standard rule set each entry is independent of the others and if a series is identified then other series satisfying any of the rules are still identified - the processing of rules does not stop. What does stop is the processing of that event. But from what you are saying all the advanced rules are dependant on non matching of the rules so far otherwise the processing of rules will stop. That means that on the advanced rules it is one big rule for the email and searches for different series have to be combined otherwise it will only find at most one.

It also means that something went wrong on the first run with those two test rules, as it reported on the warehouse series but not the invention series.

I was hoping that what it really meant was 'Stop processing event' but even then that wouldn't account for it reporting on just the warehouse series but not the invention series as well.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been trying to alter my rs email address through the Humax local web interface. It's half worked because i'm getting alerts to my new email address now but i'm unable to log in with the new email address, logging in with the old one gives a logged in but empty interface and when I try a "reset password" I don't receive an email with reset details. Any ideas? Thanks

UPDATE
Issue now resolved, the problem was the password reset emails not being sent out as per https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/registering-with-rs-hpkg-tv.8063/

Last edited:
I've just found the need to be able to copy Auto rules from one device to another on RS.
I thought there might an easy way to do this, but there wasn't, so I had to do it the harder way, by copying and pasting the rule title/text.
It'd be nice if this could be made easier.

As regular readers will know, I have three HDR-FOXes on active service and connected to my RS account.

When I receive an email resulting from a persistent EPG search, the subject line tells me what machine I have set the search for, but if I click the link in the email to take me to the search results on the RS site it is not necessarily for the right machine. I think the loaded machine is the last one I happened to be looking at on RS.

It's only a refinement, but clearly it would be neater to have something in the email link to tell RS to switch to the machine for which the search was set.

Hi

Really appreciate the great community here, love my hdr Fox t 2 and rs

I am seeing the following message “please rs package on your human to the latest version, thanks” each time I login to the rs website, is it automatic or is my box really out of date as I updated to the latest firmware over Xmas and the message still remains and all packages are up to date ?

I saw mentioned for a separate query running an rs sync diagnostic, I’m not sure how to do so or if that would help? (I’ve found out and resolved my issue)

My package management shows version 1.5.0-2 installed however the rs site shows
HX/CFW/RS Versions 1.03.12 / 3.03 / 1.4.1

Which is incorrect on both cfw and rs versions (see my signature), just wondered how I get it to resync, my list of scheduled events also looks out of sync but I’m sure some of my auto schedules have been working as I got emailed about news events...

—- resolved

I unregistered my humax on the rs.hpkg.tv site under my email login, rebooted it and went into settings and selected to register it with same email address, it did give a weird database message (forgot to screenshot) I then ran the rs/sync in the diagnostics (searched this thread and filled In the gaps), didn’t work straight away rs.hpkg.tv showed nothing but the MAC address, rebooted humax and left it overnight - I have an auto on at 6am, early this morning I got warnings about two very old failed recordings, logged into rs.hpkg.tv and it now shows correct schedules, firmware and rs package plus isn’t asking me to update it now so I guess it got a bit mixed up sometime ago - not sure if af123 did anything on the rs site - if so thanks :)

Last edited:
When using RS to manually schedule a recording, at the point where you get the "record series" or "record programme" buttons I would like to see a pick list to choose which machine to schedule it for (presuming you have more than one machine registered).

I have an issue with no channels below 55 showing for one of my boxes on the RS EPG.

I had been getting a number of failed recordings and the delinquent standby, so after running fixdisk, I also did a factory reset (without reformat) and a manual retune. Since then I have been missing channels.

I saw in an old thread that the region needs to be the same on all the muxes for RS EPG to work properly, which may be the problem. Transmitter channel 56 shows as "COM 78 National" while all the other show as "Anglia". On my other boxes, where tunefix-update took care of the recent changes, all the muxes show "Anglia", including 56. I am on the Tacolneston transmitter.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem may be and how best to resolve it please?

I have just tried another retune and can see that mux 31 is also showing "Com 78 National"

In the settings on the RS webpage the EPG region for this box is "Com 78 National (12357)", while it is "East Anglia (12321)" for the boxes not retuned.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have tried deleting the device from RS and re-registering but still only showing the Com 7 8 channels, presumably because that is the region on the lowest frequency mix.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try deleting COM7 and COM8 from the Humax and see if RS fixes itself. If it does, then you could try adding them back and seeing what happens to what region RS thinks it is.

Thanks prpr and MontysEvilTwin, I will give these solutions a try tomorrow.

I can see the logic in the hypothesis that RS uses the first network (see link in post above). However, it will be interesting to see how this works in my circumstances as it is the lowest frequency channel that appears to be part of the the issue.

1522194489598-png.3487

I will see what happens and report back

Attachments

• 1522194489598.png
    1522194489598.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 46
Thanks prpr and MontysEvilTwin, I will give these solutions a try tomorrow.

I can see the logic in the hypothesis that RS uses the first network (see link in post above). However, it will be interesting to see how this works in my circumstances as it is the lowest frequency channel that appears to be part of the the issue.

1522194489598-png.3487

I will see what happens and report back
I think it uses the first mux you tune in, not necessarily the lowest frequency. So as long as you tune a DVB-T mux first it will be OK.

I think it uses the first mux you tune in, not necessarily the lowest frequency. So as long as you tune a DVB-T mux first it will be OK.

Thanks again. It worked a treat.

Interestingly, I initially started a manual tune with channel 39, being the first SD mux encountered. An onscreen dialogue popped up saying multi-regions were detected, and requesting me to choose one from a blank list. I started again at channel 42, then 39 and didn't get this. I suspect the ancient Humax firmware is also confused by the new frequency clearance plans.

Now to find the donation button.

Back