[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

I finally got round to looking at why my automatic scheduling to record F1 races wasn't working yesterday, and have been using the wiki to try and get it working again (thanks for the fantastic documentation btw - suspect a problem with my HDR rather than with the CF). When I create a new rule for automatic scheduling, when is it actually used to parse the EPG and schedule a recording automatically? I've created a new rule which I was hoping would pick up a program to be scheduled today, but wasn't sure whether it's run when created, or only at a certain time each day. I realise that the reboots are needed for a recording to be scheduled successfully, but the automated email would tell me that the rule has been run.

Edit: just realised I was being dense, scheduling a program manually through RS is a sufficient test, making the above irrelevant - please ignore!

I don't think the bug was ever confirmed. The earlier poster saw a message asking him to upgrade but I suspect that was something to do with a problem uploading the initial data rather than anything wrong with 1.0.1. The current version is 1.0.3, I'd give it a try and post any problems you have here.

I'm still seeing regular sign-ups so there can't be anything fundamentally wrong.
Well, I've installed 1.0.3, registered the machine, got the e-mail, logged onto rs.hummypkg.org.uk OK (and changed the password).
BUT ... it puts a banner across the top of the page when I first go into the website saying "Please update the rs package on your Humax to version 1.0.0, thanks." And the page shows my schedule as empty. Help?

Well, I've installed 1.0.3, registered the machine, got the e-mail, logged onto rs.hummypkg.org.uk OK (and changed the password).
BUT ... it puts a banner across the top of the page when I first go into the website saying "Please update the rs package on your Humax to version 1.0.0, thanks." And the page shows my schedule as empty. Help?

Mike, I can confirm both the pop-up (which is probably not fatal) and the EPG problem - if you run the rs/epgpush diagnostic from the web interface you may get the following errors:-

Running: rs/epgpush
+ Negotiating EPG transfer for net 12368 (Wales)
- Wants service 4222 (>1371677700), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4286 (>1371643200), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4288 (>1371684600), 0 entries found.

...lots more of these and then....

- Wants service 28352 (>1371684600), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 28384 (>1371682800), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 28416 (>1371684600), 0 entries found.
No EPG data to send.
+ Negotiating EPG transfer for net 12330 (North West)
Failed: database table is locked (database table is locked)

>>> Ending diagnostic rs/epgpush

I assume that's a problem on the servers database.

Cheers

It's a problem on the client end due to their being multiple tuned regions on the box. It shouldn't cause an issue though.
The empty schedule and banner means that the initial schedule upload has failed or not yet occurred.
Try the rs/push diagnostic and see if that shows any errors.

The empty schedule and banner means that the initial schedule upload has failed or not yet occurred.
Should the message say "...version 1.0.0 or later"? It's very confusing to say just "...version 1.0.0" when the current version is 1.0.3

Hah! I was getting ready to run that diagnostic but as it had been a few hours I logged into the website again to see if it was still 'broken' and it isn't. Didn't get the version update message and my schedule got populated correctly, even to the currently recording program. Maybe it just needed everything to go round a restart cycle.

I don't have multiple regions btw - manual tuned to Winter Hill muxes only.

The schedule push shows no errors (and I can see the schedule although some items appear duplicated). The rs/epgpush still has the same errors.
I'll look at retuning tomorrow.

I'm not sure why there are gaps in the data but I've reset the state so that each region will get a full upload shortly which should fill in any of them.. Can you check again in a while, or run the rs/epgpush diagnostic on your box to do the upload straight away?

Checked and all missing data is now there for my region (Tyne Tees) thanks.

I did not need to run the diagnostic

Should the message say "...version 1.0.0 or later"? It's very confusing to say just "...version 1.0.0" when the current version is 1.0.3
In this case, it shouldn't say anything. The server does not yet know what version is on the Humax so I will change it to just say something along those lines.

Just acquired my HDR this week and so far I'm pretty impressed with the custom firmware. Coming from a Toppy running MyStuff, I'm still missing a few features that I used to have and trying to work out how to achieve the same things with the Humax. I'm trying to get to grips with Automatic Scheduling but the following has got me stumped:

I'm trying to add an automatic entry for 'Ultimate Spider-man' and the I want to restrict it to the CITV channel so that I don't get duplicate results on the other channels. However, the 'Channel' drop-down menu only shows 'Any'.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Auto >> Add new entry >> Channel works for me. It should pick up the channel list from your own tuning, so perhaps you have not given things time to sync up. In the WebIF, go to the Diagnostics section and run the diagnostic "chan-push" (or something like that, I am not able to check at the moment).

Thanks for the swift reply.

I'm not at home right now so I can't access the WebIF to run the diagnostic but the EPG in the RS website has the same customised channel list that I have on the HDR at home.

Ok, ran the chanpush diagnostic and it said, 'already up-to-date'.

Still only 'Any' in the Channel drop down menu. I normally use the Chrome browser but have also tried IE and tried it from different PCs too.

Any other ideas?

A further update...

Had a look at the rs.log file and saw loads these:

Error encountered, >>> Unregistered device'

I removed the device from the rs website and then within the WebIF settings reactivated it. It seemed to find my existing email address but then said this:

Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending channel information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
+ Negotiating EPG transfer for net 12362 (Highlands & Island)
- Wants service 4220 (>1372458300), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4284 (>1372456800), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4288 (>1372462200), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4352 (>1372462200), 0 entries found.
- Wants service 4544 (>1372461600), 0 entries found.

Load more of those 'Wants service...' lines followed and then it finished with 'No EPG data to send'.

Now my RS settings shows the registered device but the RS version is blank and the EPG Region says, 'Unknown', although this info was there before. The 'Last Seen' time is just a few minutes ago.

Now I'm pretty confused. Can anyone help?

Run the rs/chanpush diagnostic followed by the rs/push one and see how it looks.

rs/chanpush does more than old chanpush one.

I have added LCN 303 BBC RB 303 HD to my boxes, and run the chanpush diagnostic to make LCN 303 appear in my RS EPG. It currently does not have a channel logo, and does not appear in the drop down list of channels available in the Auto scheduling set up.

After running rs/chanpush followed by rs/push, everything is back the way it was before.

i.e. the device details are in the settings on the RS site and the EPG looks fine, with my customised list of channels.

However, I still only have 'Any' available in the drop down when creating a new automatic entry!

Back