[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Something in Auto doesn't appear to be working. According to the published info, EPG search terms have an implied OR, so fleming 007 should match all strings containing either "fleming" or "007" (or both).

Here's an extract from my Auto list (the search term is in the synopsis column):

View attachment 4025

Here's an extract from the EPG for BBC R4X:

View attachment 4026

So, why does clicking "show matching events" say no results found?

Afterthought: does it require a four character string minimum?
Which published info is that? I thought the rules described on the advanced page did not apply to the rules on the standard page. On the standard page, from experience, I would expect fleming 007 to look for the 11 character string "fleming 007". If I don't want that then I use the advanced search.

Which published info is that?
I quoted directly from the wiki entry for Remote Scheduling (but before I edited it): https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling

I would expect fleming 007 to look for the 11 character string "fleming 007".
You expect incorrectly. "fleming 007" gets you the 11 character string. fleming bond gets you all matches for "fleming" or "bond". fleming 007 doesn't work, and fails to pick up matches that contain "007" but not "fleming". +(fleming 007) works correctly.

Weirder and weirder.

Just 007 on it's own works! It matches all occurrences of "007" (including sub-strings).

Neither fleming 007 nor 007 fleming pick up anything containing "007".

The input box rejects a two-character string on its own.

I quoted directly from the wiki entry for Remote Scheduling (but before I edited it): https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling

You expect incorrectly. "fleming 007" gets you the 11 character string. fleming bond gets you all matches for "fleming" or "bond". fleming 007 doesn't work, and fails to pick up matches that contain "007" but not "fleming". +(fleming 007) works correctly.
Your post #816 was reffering to the standard auto search rules . I'm referring to the standard rule and your quote takes what I posted out of context.
By "expect" I was basing it on the standard rules I already have.

E.g. for a title standard search:
Try entering just "Drama on 3", without the quotes, into a new standard rule, and it returns Sunday's Drama on 3. It does not treat the search string as 3 alternatives. I.e. No other programmes with "Drama" are returned.
Then try "Drama on 3" in a standard rule and include the quotes. It returns nothing.
Also try "Drama 3" without the quotes. That will also not return anything.

Similar applies the the standard synopsis search which you are attempting to use.

I am just describing what happens.

Last edited:
That seems to indicate the search does not work as the wiki describes then. That would explain my problem too!

@af123:

I have confirmed @Luke's observations. Any unqualified string in the search field is treated as if it were enclosed in speech marks, ie as a single search term instead of a series of alternative search terms (with implied OR). This is not what the wiki description says, and it explains my problem with fleming 007 not finding any hits until your syntax forced the OR operation.

Is it supposed to work like that?

For info I am 'watching' this thread with email notifications on. Haven't received any yet even though there are some replies.
I have now received an email stating that I have had a reply in the quoted thread. Not sure if something has been 'reset' and RS emails are now being sent...

You're right - I didn't receive any between 18th and 21st inclusive. I wouldn't have noticed a break in transmission.

A couple of feature requests:
  1. I use RS from a couple of computers and logging on to one causes me to be logged of the other.
    Its not a big deal but a bit of a nusance - would it be possible to allow for multiple logons?
    I am not logged out of the forums or webif if they are accessed from different locations.
  2. Could 'Skip this programme' be added to the Possible actions for Auto processing.
    I have the F1 Grand Prix on series record but when they do a Full (vs Highlights) race weekend this includes all the Practice sessions which I don't watch and have to manually Skip to prevent them causing conflicts. It would be nice if I could set up an auto processing rule to automatically Skip unwanted episodes of a season.

The only full F1 weekend that you will need to worry about is Silverstone in July. As of this year Channel 4 only gets highlights of the race for the rest of the season.

Edit... should say highlights of qualifying and highlights of race, but no coverage of practise.

Last edited:
The only full F1 weekend that you will need to worry about is Silverstone in July. As of this year Channel 4 only gets highlights of the race for the rest of the season.
The F1 was only a usage example, another example is the BBC weekend news where every bulletin is now the same series crid and I only want to record one news per day

The F1 was only a usage example, another example is the BBC weekend news where every bulletin is now the same series crid and I only want to record one news per day

They seem to have stopped this now, mine doesn't show the extra bulletins and the weekend 'early evening' news is now back on the same series ID as weekday 6pm news.

Back