[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

I guess it will find the first match it comes across and then "stop processing rules"; if it processed all the matches you could end up with multiple schedules for the same programme. It is not obvious what order matches will be found, because the EPG entries appear about 7 days ahead but not all at once.

Something you sould try is to set separate rules, one for HiDef and another for StDef (as a backup).

I've started using the auto scheduling advanced rules but obviously don't understand the processing order.
I tried setting two rules near the top of the list:

lcn {>= 14} action stop hour {>= 1} hour {<= 16} action stop

I expected these to stop matches in subsequent rules for programmes with channel locations above 14 or broadcast outside 4pm to 1am.
Instead I get a daily email relating to these rules eg

BBC ONE N West [Sun, 19 Sep 2021 23:35:00 +0100 / 01:00] Cristiano Ronaldo: Impossible... ...to Ignore. The story of Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo's life and career, revealing how he became one of the world's biggest sporting stars. Deals with adult themes. Also in HD. [S] = Stop action found ( / lcn {>= 14} action stop) = BBC ONE N West [Mon, 20 Sep 2021 02:05:00 +0100 / 00:05] Weather for the Week Ahead Detailed weather forecast. Also in HD. [S] = Stop action found ( / hour {>= 1} hour {<= 16} action stop) =

BBC ONE N West is lcn 18 on my system.

I also get matches for programmes that break these rules but have rules lower down the rule list.

Is there a way to achieve what I set out to do?

I haven't tried a STOP action on RS before so have no experience but from the email it appears that has applied the stop action but it it not clear while it is emailing you to tell you that it is doing nothing.

I have set up some new rules:
1632252643550.png
I would hope to get an email listing the BBC One South News at ten but not the HD episode,
I will see what tomorrows emails bring and will report back

Thanks for checking.

In my example it didn't actually apply the first stop action as I expected because it went on to find a later programme on the same channel and report that stop action. I copied the contents of a single email.

As I expected I got a list of the News at Ten on BBC One South but not the BBC One HD news but I also got a report for the first matching Stop action (but fortunately not all matching programmes - because that would be hundreds)
Code:
Hummypkg Remote Scheduling <noreply@hpkg.tv>

09:13 (8 minutes ago)

to me
CBBC
[Tue, 08 Jul 2036 09:17:54 +0100 / 21:14]
Jamie Johnson
8/10. Out Of the Game: Drama series. The unthinkable has happened - Jamie Johnson has had enough of football. But Mike is determined not to give up on him. Also in HD. [AD,S]
= Stop action found ( / lcn {>= 100} action stop) =
BBC ONE South
[Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten
The latest national and international news, with reports from BBC correspondents worldwide. Also in HD. [S]
= Matched email alert ( / channel {BBC ONE South} title {BBC News at Ten} action emailevents) =
BBC ONE South
[Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten
The latest national and international news, with reports from BBC correspondents worldwide. Also in HD. [S]
= Matched email alert ( / channel {BBC ONE South} title {BBC News at Ten} action emailevents) =
BBC ONE South
[Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten
BBC ONE South
[Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten
BBC ONE South
[Mon, 27 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten
BBC ONE South
[Tue, 28 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]Top
BBC News at Ten
BBC ONE South
[Wed, 29 Sep 2021 22:00:00 +0100 / 00:25]
BBC News at Ten

--

This message is sent from an unmonitored account and replies will not be read. For help and support, please join the community at hummy.tv and search the forums to see if your question has been asked before. If not, then post a new thread in the customised firmware section and someone will be along to help you.

I will add a second Stop event and see if I can recreate your issue but it is slow testing having to wait for overnight processing to happen 🥱

In the meantime you could you could try combining your two Stop rules into a single rule

In your test is it ignoring the HD because it has the same CRID as the SD programme? Try swapping rules 2 and 3.

Combining the two stop rules requires an 'or' function and I can't find the syntax for that. Is there any documentation for the rule syntax?

Last edited:
In your test is it ignoring the HD because it has the same CRID as the SD programme? Try swapping rules 2 and 3.

Combining the two stop rules requires an 'or' function and I can't find the syntax for that. Is there any documentation for the rule syntax?
OR is "If any of ..."
1632322768459.png
which in text format is or {hour {< 21} hour {> 23} lcn {> 100} } action stop

The RS advanced rules are based on the Sweeper package rules which are documented here
You can create complex tests using nesting of conditions

(I will swap rule order in my tests)

Thanks. I've combined the two stop rules.
But it probably hasn't helped! :cry:

I can confirm that Stop action processing is completely FUBARed, All it appears to do is disable processing for that rule rather stop processing of subsequent rules for that programme.

The bad news is that only @af123 has the ability to do anything about it since the processing runs on the RS server which only he access to rather than on the Humax and he has been very much less active recently following illness

The good news is that it is possible to use RS auto scheduling without using Stop actions - evidenced by the fact that yours is the first report of problems with using them.
You just need to include all of the checks within a single rule

I'd come to the same conclusion after running another test last night.
Unfortunately I'd already made the mistake of migrating all my standard rules (with time constraints) to advanced rules losing the time constraints in the process.
Thanks for your help.

I've set up an RS rule to series-schedule an event which already exists in the EPG, and view matching events shows the event I want... but it doesn't seem to get pushed to the respective HDR's schedule. How do I get that to happen?

I've set up an RS rule to series-schedule an event which already exists in the EPG, and view matching events shows the event I want... but it doesn't seem to get pushed to the respective HDR's schedule. How do I get that to happen?
How long have you given it? AFAIK rule processing is a once a day overnight process.
You could also try the Refresh rule button in case it thinks it has already scheduled the event

BUG REPORT

RS >> Auto >> Advanced Rules...

D025EA2D-DAC7-4134-8B35-DA44692484A4.jpeg

E28F9FCA-33F7-4D4E-9F09-834D392E1138.jpeg

:eek:

Is this a local anomaly, and if not – why has nobody spotted this before?!

I see Monday, Monday as well (sometimes it just turns out that way).
Did the original rule specify Tuesday?

We have the technology
Perhaps we don't! Why isn't this working?:

1690186807426.jpeg
The first rule works (although I recently tweaked it to pick up the Monday broadcast specifically), and I added the second rule to try to catch the Sunday repeats even though they have the same S- and P-CRIDs. Here are the "matching events":

1690201024669.png

There is no sign of these being pushed as schedule events in rs.log, and I'm not getting emails to say they have triggered a schedule operation. Is that because they are being filtered by CRID? Yes, I have tried resetting the rule.

I have successfully scheduled these events through the WebIF EPG, so why not RS?

Last edited:
Back